The Student Room Group

French policeman stabbed during gas canister car arrests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37312538

A policeman has been stabbed in France during an operation to arrest three women in connection with a car found with gas canisters near Notre Dame.

One of the women was wounded when another policeman opened fire after the stabbing in Boussy-Saint-Antoine, said Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.

Mr. Cazeneuve said they appeared to have been preparing an immediate attack.

In November, 130 people died in Paris in a series of terror attacks carried out by so-called Islamic State (IS).

A state of emergency has been in place in France since then.

The Peugeot 607 was found on Wednesday on the Quai de Montebello, just metres from the cathedral, along a stretch of the Seine riverside.

The car had its hazard warning lights flashing and no number plates, police said
Reply 1
Original post by Mathemagicien
this is an anti-Muslim thread

Spoiler

Reply 2
Maybe I was a tad too subtle.

Subtle?

You just told me this is an "anti-Muslim thread", now it's not?

Tbh, he's got a point; this is an anti-Muslim thread, as are virtually all threads related to terrorism.

So suddenly any post that involves radical Islamic terrorism is anti-Muslim. Isn't that on the verge of censorship?
(edited 7 years ago)
Did you leave out the Arabic writing part just to avoid the cries of Islamophobia?
Reply 4

I did the unthinkable

Ouch. Better report yourself then!
Reply 5
Original post by TelAviv
Did you leave out the Arabic writing part just to avoid the cries of Islamophobia?

Guess I did, somehow.
Reply 6
The persecution of Muslims continues.
the three women arrested on Thursday - aged 39, 23 and 19 - "had been radicalised, were fanatics and were in all likelihood preparing an imminent, violent act".

I wonder how long this will continue to be called "radical" despite occurring frequently and supported by millions of muslims?
Reply 8
Very sad. I hope the police officer recovers from his injuries.
Tbh, he's got a point; this is an anti-Muslim thread, as are virtually all threads related to terrorism.

This is a news thread, about a recently foiled terror attack and the bravery of the police involved. Nobody's burning Muslims at a stake

Thoughts with the police, and once again with Paris. Luckily they avoided another tragedy..
Original post by 1010marina
Thoughts with the police, and once again with Paris. Luckily they avoided another tragedy..

image.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest