The Student Room Group

iPhone 7 / Apple Watch Series 2 - Apple Event September

Scroll to see replies

Just managed to preorder the iPhone 7 plus in Jet Black - shipping in 2 weeks, so I'll get it a week later, but three minutes after the site updated the shipping was 4-6 weeks!
Original post by A-LJLB
Just managed to preorder the iPhone 7 plus in Jet Black - shipping in 2 weeks, so I'll get it a week later, but three minutes after the site updated the shipping was 4-6 weeks!

Was that on Apple??

I've done my order as well! Not just an iPhone, but watch as well!!

Watch through Apple! iPhone through Carphone Warehouse and that's got a month wait :frown: Oh well, watch should be delivered next Friday!
Original post by mobbsy91
Was that on Apple??

I've done my order as well! Not just an iPhone, but watch as well!!

Watch through Apple! iPhone through Carphone Warehouse and that's got a month wait :frown: Oh well, watch should be delivered next Friday!

Yeah it was through Apple! Now there's an 8 week wait on Apple haha, I did go for the most popular colour choice though I think?

Yay exciting!
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah it was through Apple! Now there's an 8 week wait on Apple haha, I did go for the most popular colour choice though I think?

Yay exciting!

Yeh, I went for Jet Black too, so not really surprised! My sister got hers through carphone warehouse last year, and although they gave her a month's waiting time, it did come earlier, obviously as a few cancellations happen, so I'm hoping for it a bit sooner!

Watch has said BY 30th, so also hoping that'll be sooner - can't believe the watch sold out so quickly to be honest.

Now the absolutely horrible wait for them to arrive :frown:
Yeh, I went for Jet Black too, so not really surprised! My sister got hers through carphone warehouse last year, and although they gave her a month's waiting time, it did come earlier, obviously as a few cancellations happen, so I'm hoping for it a bit sooner!

Watch has said BY 30th, so also hoping that'll be sooner - can't believe the watch sold out so quickly to be honest.

Now the absolutely horrible wait for them to arrive :frown:

What storage did you go for? Yeah, on the apple site they are now being dispatched in November! So 8 weeks! I ordered mine on the dot too, it's crazy

I have a 6S so I'm alright with the wait, although of course I'm excited! I've never had the use of the watch so I've never owned one!

Well I hope they are both worth the wait! :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
What storage did you go for? Yeah, on the apple site they are now being dispatched in November! So 8 weeks! I ordered mine on the dot too, it's crazy

I have a 6S so I'm alright with the wait, although of course I'm excited! I've never had the use of the watch so I've never owned one!

Well I hope they are both worth the wait! :h:

128GB - probably the most popular model (jet black, 128) I reckon... ****!! That's really crazy haha!
I've got a 6, so not too worried either tbh - I've never had an Apple watch before either, which is why I'm glad that's coming sooner as that'll be fun and new to play with in the interim!

And I'm sure they will be :biggrin:
Original post by Boreism
I got mine from Carphone Warehouse with O2 as a network. Been with them for years when I got the iPhone 6. They used to give discounts on handset upfront costs for their loyal customers but they don't anymore sadly. :frown:

When I preordered the iPhone 6 they knocked £30 off from original handset upfront cost! :smile:

Oh sounds like a great deal! I got my iPhone 6 with GiffGaff and then decided to give that contract to my sister so I can get the S7 with EE. I absolutely HATE EE, it's THE worst network I have ever been with. BUT they had the cheapest deal so :')

We already had a contract with EE that just ended and I was looking to upgrade to the S7 because I thought it would be cheaper, we were with them for a long time etc, they offered no loyalty deals or discounts or anything and turns out it was cheaper to be a 'new customer' than upgrade. So I cancelled the contract and started a new one, so I didn't have to pay the upfront cost.
128GB - probably the most popular model (jet black, 128) I reckon... ****!! That's really crazy haha!
I've got a 6, so not too worried either tbh - I've never had an Apple watch before either, which is why I'm glad that's coming sooner as that'll be fun and new to play with in the interim!

And I'm sure they will be :biggrin:

Ah I went for the 256, but looking around the 128 is definitely more popular! This is probably going to be my phone throughout uni so for four years, so I wanted to have more storage than I need rather than less! I'm just obsessed with the Jet Black - I always thought I'd get the gold again or rose gold - but it's just so damn sleek!

Yeah that'll be cool, I hope it meets your expectations :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
Ah I went for the 256, but looking around the 128 is definitely more popular! This is probably going to be my phone throughout uni so for four years, so I wanted to have more storage than I need rather than less! I'm just obsessed with the Jet Black - I always thought I'd get the gold again or rose gold - but it's just so damn sleek!

Yeah that'll be cool, I hope it meets your expectations :h:

Ahhh fair enough, yeh, that's fairly important, I have 128 6 at the mo, and use about 80GB of it, and didn't think it was worth the extra price tbh... Did look at the 7 Plus, but again, the contracts that I could get it on were just so inferior for the price that I was willing to pay.
Ahhh fair enough, yeh, that's fairly important, I have 128 6 at the mo, and use about 80GB of it, and didn't think it was worth the extra price tbh... Did look at the 7 Plus, but again, the contracts that I could get it on were just so inferior for the price that I was willing to pay.

Ah, you've got the 7? Yeah I got the plus, just because I'm paying outright and I can't use the normal after have the 6S plus! It's too tiny! If I wasn't buying it outright, then there's no way I'd pay the extortionate monthly amount on contract haha!
Reply 130
Original post by Jammy Duel
Where are you even getting that from, because from reputable sources I've only seen no price given yet

Wasn't me who said it, but the prices are available on the apple website...

apple master race
Original post by A-LJLB
Ah, you've got the 7? Yeah I got the plus, just because I'm paying outright and I can't use the normal after have the 6S plus! It's too tiny! If I wasn't buying it outright, then there's no way I'd pay the extortionate monthly amount on contract haha!

Yeh, and that's the thing, if I went for it, I'd never be able to go back, and it's not really tiny haha! Tbh, I'd probably lose the Plus really quickly just by it slipping out my pocket 24/7 xD But yeh, if I was buying outright, I'd get the Plus. On contract, there was a massive difference because for the same bundle, the contract was about £10-15pm more than the 7, as well as an increased outright cost for the handset, so yeh, I've been saving for this, but haven't saved that much xD
Yeh, and that's the thing, if I went for it, I'd never be able to go back, and it's not really tiny haha! Tbh, I'd probably lose the Plus really quickly just by it slipping out my pocket 24/7 xD But yeh, if I was buying outright, I'd get the Plus. On contract, there was a massive difference because for the same bundle, the contract was about £10-15pm more than the 7, as well as an increased outright cost for the handset, so yeh, I've been saving for this, but haven't saved that much xD

It is rather expensive! My cousin got the 6S and so can't even use it! I assume it's just because I've gotten used to the bigger screen and I'm too sloppy to use the smaller screen!

On carphone warehouse my phone would be from about £40 to over £90 a month depending on upfront cost!? No thanks haha!
Original post by A-LJLB
It is rather expensive! My cousin got the 6S and so can't even use it! I assume it's just because I've gotten used to the bigger screen and I'm too sloppy to use the smaller screen!

On carphone warehouse my phone would be from about £40 to over £90 a month depending on upfront cost!? No thanks haha!

Yeh, definitely agree. Once you've got used to the big screen, everything and anything looks tiny xD It's like how when I use an 11in, after using a 13in laptop for a few days, the 11in feels tiny, but when I adjust to it, it's fine..

Yep... xD Not nice :biggrin: I managed to get my contract down a little from the last 2 years, with only an upfront of £129.99 so not too upset about it :biggrin:
Who in their right minds would pay £600 for a handset in the first place? Actually, probably a lot more than £600 in reality given it will be on a contract with probably more like £800 handset contributions.

The same people who would spend £40k/£50k on a BMW or Mercedes Benz.
Original post by IcEmAn911
The same people who would spend £40k/£50k on a BMW or Mercedes Benz.

I would be interested to see car manufacturer vs phone OS, I really would not be surprised to see a surge in Android with the more premium manufacturers.
I would be interested to see car manufacturer vs phone OS, I really would not be surprised to see a surge in Android with the more premium manufacturers.

That would be interesting indeed.

But to be honest, I just don't like the amount of hate and negative comments made towards people who choose to purchase an iPhone 7 and especially if they've worked hard and saved up for it. Why should people care so much and how does it affect the lives of other individuals? People can buy what they want. You don't see me going round making comments at people who decide to buy a Samsung Galaxy S7, an Aston Martin, a BMW, a Mercedes Benz, an Xbox One or PS4, Sky TV, etc.

But I don't know. Maybe people enjoy putting other people down and to try to create some kinda drama for entertainment as that's what our society has become nowadays.
(edited 7 years ago)
I just pre-ordered one as my 5 is way past its time, that way I can sell it if i don't like it or want to get the (rumored) revolutionary 8. Deffo wouldn't get it if i had a 6 since there isn't a massive jump.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aydin7
I just pre-ordered one as my 5 is way past its time, that way I can sell it if i don't like it or want to get the (rumored) revolutionary 8. Deffo wouldn't get it if i had a 6 since there isn't a massive jump.

It may not seem like a massive jump for you, but for others is worth it.
Original post by A-LJLB
It may not seem like a massive jump for you, but for others is worth it.

The opposite, going from a 5 the jump is massive since i get the 6 features, but i don't think 6->7 is that different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending