The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e^x
do u know if RBS still use TalentQ? They've added a new game to their assessment process so i thought they might have changed things up.

No idea tbh, a lot of processes are changing this year.
when it asks "give 3 reasons why this division at this bank?", should we list 3 reasons for joining division (i.e. IBD) or specifically bank?
Reply 1722
man still havent received barclays 2nd thing after half a day... cant believe Ive been rejected..
Original post by AKRP
man still havent received barclays 2nd thing after half a day... cant believe Ive been rejected..

It might be different for different divisions?
Original post by jayjay531
How long did barclays give you to do the second stage? I havent been told in my email but apparently its 48 hours?

Mine said 48
Original post by torres657
when it asks "give 3 reasons why this division at this bank?", should we list 3 reasons for joining division (i.e. Ibd) or specifically bank?

"why this division" ... "at this bank" ......
Reply 1726
Original post by Turing
It might be different for different divisions?

what division did you apply to?
Reply 1727
Btw. is there something lke a barclays applicaiton centre where i can view my application? Cant find anything..
Original post by AKRP
what division did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also in the same position waiting, I applied to Research
Original post by AKRP
Btw. is there something lke a barclays applicaiton centre where i can view my application? Cant find anything..

Don't worry mate. Same issue over here. I felt like I absolutely smashed the test so really surprised. I can't find a way to view the application. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your university has their events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1731
Original post by Dante991
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also in the same position waiting, I applied to Research

ah sick I applied to Research as well, that might be the reason then.

Original post by Commercial Paper
Don't worry mate. Same issue over here. I felt like I absolutely smashed the test so really surprised. I can't find a way to view the application. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the test was easy (especially the number questions), did you also apply to research?
Original post by apriori1234
If your university has their career events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234
If your university has their events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is useless to wait for so long just to get few names, many people start to get offers by mid-October already, my best advice is to start applying today
Original post by Princepieman
No idea tbh, a lot of processes are changing this year.

other than DB changing to SHL and HSBC doing inductive testing, what other processes have changed?
Original post by Proflash
other than DB changing to SHL and HSBC doing inductive testing, what other processes have changed?

Barclay's new process, RBS and their 'games'

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a final year, for HSBC, are you guys applying for Summer roles? Because I see all this chatter, and I just checked, and the graduate role for S&T for HSBC, which is what they suggest if you're final year, only opens in October..
Any insight into the Citi test?? I've just got the email. Is there somewhere I can practise through the same test provider?
Do MS auto-reject after a few days? had a shocker on the test:frown:
Original post by S_12345
Do MS auto-reject after a few days? had a shocker on the test:frown:

Was it numerical test only?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending