The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Theresa May is PM :eek:

Bloody hell, swept that one under the rug didn't they.

Would have thought a female world leader would have been all over the news.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Anybody else seen Seth Organs new movie - Sausage party?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure about that one but Seth Rogans version of the film is decent. It's quite ****ed up
Original post by The Wavefunction
Not sure about that one but Seth Rogans version of the film is decent. It's quite ****ed up

Soz autocorrect

Yeah that end sequence.... :lol:
Original post by The Wavefunction

Not sure about that one but Seth Rogen's version of the film is decent
Original post by difeo
Not sure about that one but Seth Rogen's version of the film is decent

Nah, preffered Rogan's over Rogen's

Touchè
Original post by swirly
Theresa May is PM :eek:

Bloody hell, swept that one under the rug didn't they.

Would have thought a female world leader would have been all over the news.

Think there are about 7 current female election leaders. Probably less of a big deal considering Angela Merkel has been Germany's leader for over a decade now and UK isn't more important than Germany.

Will be a big deal if Hilary Clinton is appointed though I guess.
Original post by Zerforax
and UK isn't more important than Germany.

What makes you say that?

The UK to me is like Manchester United, even though it may go through a rough patch, its brand value will hold its stock, and be considered the king of the Premier League (Europe).

Germany is more like Arsenal, no? Doing things with financial prudence and good ethics even if it chastises them; always near the top and went through a period of dominance at the top.
Original post by swirly
What makes you say that?

The UK to me is like Manchester United, even though it may go through a rough patch, its brand value will hold its stock, and be considered the king of the Premier League (Europe).

Germany is more like Arsenal, no? Doing things with financial prudence and good ethics even if it chastises them; always near the top and went through a period of dominance at the top.

Germany's economy is like 20% bigger by looking at crude numbers quickly?

Germany has more sway in Europe and tends to be the driving force.

Not sure what the UK does other than London being a financial centre and has the Queen..
Germany's economy is like 20% bigger by looking at crude numbers quickly?

Germany has more sway in Europe and tends to be the driving force.

Not sure what the UK does other than London being a financial centre and has the Queen..

Isn't Germany's economy manufacturing based?

The UK has brand value, an allure. If you compare the property price per square foot in London, to somewhere like Munich, I'm sure you'd see the UK is still the hotcake.
Also Germany has a big Mittelstand, a backbone of their economy. Small/Medium business providing expert manafacturing of very specific products.
Original post by swirly
Isn't Germany's economy manufacturing based?

The UK has brand value, an allure. If you compare the property price per square foot in London, to somewhere like Munich, I'm sure you'd see the UK is still the hotcake.

UK is pretty **** other than London tbfh. Unfair to compare London to a Germany city since they have a number of big cities rather than just one. Rent is also flawed since Germany has more controls to help people rather than screw them over.

What makes the UK great just because you can buy a one bed apartment for £6mil in certain parts of London?
UK is pretty **** other than London tbfh.

really?*

I guess from your conversation your talking wealth/influence etc, relating to other international cities

But personally, everything included, I always thought it was the opposite myself - to expensive, not polite enough, lost a lot of its traditions/culture, not very beatiful compared to other towns, not very green, to busy/noisy/polluted, it has some great things to enjoy from having lots of cultures mixed together, but also seems to have more social probelms due to this as well, so its a neutral rather then a benifit for me - sure its the capital, but honestly I would rate it low top10 in terms of cities in the UK on my own biased list,

Spoiler

Reply 8672
I can see Difeo on the first episode of to catch a predator if they were to make a new series.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I can see Difeo on the first episode of to catch a predator if they were to make a new series.

nah we have Shawn chirpsing 16 year olds out of nowhere:

'Yo turtles, I don't know if what I've been reading on the www about jobs and all that are true ygm? The idea that HR staff and recruitment agencies are clueless?'
First ever job interview tomorrow. Hope I don't get asked what experience I have of doing abc when I don't have any experience of anything outside of school/sixth form haha.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by bammy jastard 27

What do you do when you're driving along and you're checking a chick out from the back walking on the path?

Do you check your mirrors once you drive past them to check the front out?

Do you feel ashamed when it turns out they are a 3/10?
(edited 7 years ago)
"Tell me about a time" or "Explain how you would deal with" type questions are very popular interview questions tbh. You don't need a reference for them, so if you don't have one make a realistic one up. School project, sports teams, stuff like that. Topics like dealing with workplace conflict or customer/client dissatisfaction are obvious ones.

Most entry level jobs are looking for attitude rather than skill set. If you can convince them you are capable, reliable and have whatever attitude/mindset the area you applying for values, you've got a good chance. I think you 100% need to give the interviewer the impression you have prepped for the interview but also not give the impression that prepped means scripted. If you can throw out something insightful when asked what you know about the company/job role or a thoughtful question when the inevitable wrap up occurs, you can set yourself apart from the crowd, who 9/10 will paraphrase each others answers to questions. You do need to convince them you are genuine, everyone is a hardworking dedicated team player in an interview.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8677
Not all heroes wear capes.
Original post by zKlown
What do you do when you're driving along and you're checking a chick out from the back walking on the path?

Do you check your mirrors once you drive past them to check the front out?

Do you feel ashamed when it turns out they are a 3/10?

It's worse when your dad does it whilst driving to pretty much every single blonde girl we pass, most of whom are my age or younger...
Reply 8679
S- Sitation
T- Task
A- Action
R- Result