The Student Room Group

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99

3) He has many policies and his policies are far more innovative and exciting than Clinton's frankly boring and 'don't change anything' policy. The border wall, stopping terrorist immigration, lower taxation, smaller role of government, scrapping Obamacare, higher defence spending, reforming trade and many other excellent policies.

What a load of pure fluff.

1.) The border wall - You do realise that a huge amount of illegal immigration comes from people staying illegally, rather than entering illegally. Such as overstaying a visa for example. How will a wall help with that?
In addition, you do also realise how incredibly expensive the wall will be to build and maintain, with estimates at the lower end of around £25 billion.

Who's going to pay for that? Oh yes the taxpayer, yet you also seem to favour lower taxation. That's interesting.

2.) Lower taxation - How do you plan on paying for that wall then? How do you also plan on spending more on defence?
Do people not realise that taxation pays for all these things that they say they want?

3.) Scrapping Obamacare - What should it be replaced with? Bear in mind that previously around 40 million Americans could not afford health insurance. So what should happen if you take ill and cannot afford healthcare?

4.) Higher defence spending - How do you plan on doing that with lower taxation?

5.) Reforming trade - How? More detail please.

6.)Many other excellent policies - Like what?
Trump. MAGA.
And of course, unsurprisingly...Trump leads TSR's poll.
Reply 123
Original post by Bornblue
2.) Lower taxation - How do you plan on paying for that wall then?

Mexico will pay for it! Easy.
Original post by Josb
Mexico will pay for it! Easy.

What seems bizarre is that Trump and his supporters are calling for lower taxation and at the same time are calling for huge public infrastructure programmes, investment in the armed forces and defence and the monitoring of all mosques that will cost tens and tens of billions.

It's as if they think that governments only collect taxation to punish them as opposed to spending it on all those things they say they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hillary Clinton is absolutely the better option out of the two.
I would trust Clinton to make responsible and diplomatic decisions since she was previously Secretary of State. Trump has suggested giving everyone nuclear weapons when for me anyway, the ultimate goal is nuclear disarmament. I think Donald Trump is a con man ( trump university ruined lives ) who is basically just out there to prove he CAN win the presidency, that he's the BEST, that he is amazing, if he gets the actual presidency he will be like "oh". I'm doing to miss Obama though. :smile:
Reply 126
It's as if they think that governments only collect taxation to punish them as opposed to spending it on all those things they say they want.

Many Americans still don't understand the concept of taxation (apart for funding the military).

Trump has an extremely fiscally conservative program, associated with a Keynesian spending program. He wants to cut taxes, spend more, and reduce the debt. It is senseless.
Original post by Shadow Hunters
I would trust Clinton to make responsible and diplomatic decisions since she was previously Secretary of State.

You mean like Libya, a total mess ?

I'm doing to miss Obama though.

You mean the pro-corporation puppet that is desperate to get TPP passed ?
Reply 128

I would trust Clinton to make responsible and diplomatic decisions since she was previously Secretary of State.

Do you think she took responsible decisions when she was Secretary of State?
Original post by Crijjkal
You mean like Libya, a total mess ?

You mean the pro-corporation puppet that is desperate to get TPP passed ?

So the idea is- "I don't like the most experienced candidate who was Secretary of State for years meaning they of course will have been criticised by the media so I'm going to vote for a divisive, racist, inexpeierenced con man for president"? THAT MAKES SENSE. And at least she has actual policies, I'm not really sure what Donald Trump stands for, is he pro choice? Or no? :s-smilie: I think he's said he's both?

Yeah, I mean Trump is SO for the middle class, proposing tax breaks for the rich that will add money to HIS OWN BANK ACCOUNT... Hillary really is despicable compared to Trump who really cares about the poorer in society... :tongue:
Original post by Josb
Do you think she took responsible decisions when she was Secretary of State?

People are so quick to concentrate on her mistakes of course and Libya it wasn't great but she did eliminate a dictator from the country. Also remember that she had advisors helping her, it wasn't all her. She has improved relations between America and countries such as the UK. Trump has no experience whatsoever in any of this, a candidate who alienates entire religions, entire races, should not be president! Trump has no idea how to rule a country, he's just going for the job to prove he's the best and to gain power. :frown: I don't think Hillary is perfect but I really want Obama's legacy to continue instead of being thrown out the window by Trump and his NRA, business pals.
I'm going to vote for a divisive, racist, inexperienced con man for president"?

He's not racist, illegal immigrants aren't a race.

I'm not really sure what Donald Trump stands for, is he pro choice? Or no? :s-smilie: I think he's said he's both?

He doesn't care that much about abortion, gay marriage, etc.. Tbh he's more liberal than Clinton on these issues.

Yeah, I mean Trump is SO for the middle class, proposing tax breaks for the rich that will add money to HIS OWN BANK ACCOUNT... Hillary really is despicable compared to Trump who really cares about the poorer in society... :tongue:

If you actually checked his plan it involves tax breaks mainly for the middle class .. May I remind you that Trump takes no donations from Corporations while Clinton swims in them.

He doesn't care that much about abortion, gay marriage, etc.. Tbh he's more liberal than Clinton on these issues.

If you actually checked his plan it involves tax breaks mainly for the middle class .. May I remind you that Trump takes no donations from Corporations while Clinton swims in them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is Trump planning on building a wall, which the construction of and maintenance is estimated to cost at least £25 billion as well as funding a large scale surveillance scheme and increasing defence funding while at the same time giving out tax breaks?
Reply 133
Donald Trump seema to be sane in comparison to the extreme left and SJWs. Hillary is a psychopat as well. So yeah Trump.
Reply 134
Posted from TSR Mobile
How is Trump planning on building a wall, which the construction of and maintenance is estimated to cost at least £25 billion as well as funding a large scale surveillance scheme and increasing defence funding while at the same time giving out tax breaks?

The same way Mexico managed to build its own wall.
Original post by slaven
The same way Mexico managed to build its own wall.

That's not an answer.

How is he going to spend £25 billion on a new wall while at the same time lowering taxes? Where is that money going to come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, he's certainly encouraging anti Mexican sentiment, "when Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best" doesn't that imply all Mexicans even legal immigrants? Because I dont think he was very clear on that and some of his followers probably took that as all Mexicans.

And okay so the possible next president of the USA doesn't care about important political and religious issues in his own country. That's encouraging.

May I remind you that the Republican Party gets corporate donations so you can't say "trump is funding his own campaign..." Because he isn't completely, also his taxes, is he going to be publishing them anytime soon?
And Trump will not help the middle class unless it helps him, he'll go back on his promises the day after he wins just like Brexit all over again. People are expecting him to change the world, to make America great again when he certainly won't and can't because he also has to contend with congress just like Obama did. People think it's bad now, just thinking about trumps America is terrifying.
That's not an answer.

How is he going to spend £25 billion on a new wall while at the same time lowering taxes? Where is that money going to come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

check his website, it explains your questions

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall
Reply 138
Neither... Vote independent! :smile:
Well, he's certainly encouraging anti Mexican sentiment, "when Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best"

It wasn't the best wording, but it's true that illegals do rape a lot more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html

And okay so the possible next president of the USA doesn't care about important political and religious issues in his own country. That's encouraging.

He prioritizes issues that have been left untouched for so long, such as destructive free trade deals and trade deficits.

May I remind you that the Republican Party gets corporate donations so you can't say "trump is funding his own campaign..." Because he isn't completely,

Check the numbers yourself
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/candidate.php?id=N00023864

Individual Contributions - $56,486,064
PAC Contributions - $17,700
Candidate self-financing - $52,003,469
Federal Funds - $0
Other - $16,713,678

also his taxes, is he going to be publishing them anytime soon?

After the audit is complete, or as Trump said after Clinton releases the 33000 deleted emails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending