The Student Room Group

Did I do the right thing by saying no

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chikane
You said you think she likes you? Did she ask you out?
There's a saying that opposites attract i have met people where we are completely different but we have a lot of chemistry and get on well. Like others have said you should have at least gave it a shot.
If she cares about your friendship she will come around think she needs time and space to herself to think but you dont need to apologise.

Yeah she asked me out, and we went for a movie. I liked it but when I looked at the bigger picture, I came to the conclusion that I want her to be happy and I thought, still do a bit, that she won't be happy with me.
Original post by 999tigger
There are different ways and levels of subtelty in mending fences. Id prefer to get it sorted out sooner rather than later. How do you know she will come around? its not a question of their friendship and its not a given.

Its fine though OP you be as hardnosed or as patient as you want. You might be waiting a long time if you say nothing and rely on being hopeful. I alwats prefer to talk to people as communication tends to work better.

I do want this to be sorted but at the same time I don't just want to lick her wounds. I am a unsure
Original post by mikkolia
In short, No.

I would try and get her back if I were you my man.

Kolia

Thanks mate
Original post by Anonymous
I do want this to be sorted but at the same time I don't just want to lick her wounds. I am a unsure

Thanks mate

You are making more of it that is needed.

Decide what you want.

1. Worth giving a shot as a gf because you are overthinking it. Imo nothing to lose and you are writing the ending before anything has or has not happened. Its your choice though.

2. You feel she is not your type. In which case you can either leave her be or you cna try some form of conciliation if you wnat to remain friends.

Im gettingt the impression you prefer to fill in all the blanks yourself, which is your choice.

That you feel a bit guilty at saying no ( your right to do so), but you cant be bothered to comunicate with her.

So you are left with it as it is and she may come round to talking to you some time in the future or she may not. Takes no effort on your part though, so its the easy choice.
Yeah she asked me out, and we went for a movie. I liked it but when I looked at the bigger picture, I came to the conclusion that I want her to be happy and I thought, still do a bit, that she won't be happy with me.

I do feel that you are happy with being her friend more and she is probably sad and feeling awkward i know it will be hard for her to try and go back to being friends so give her space and reach out in a few weeks time or she might reach out herself. Like someone said maybe do something for her get her a gift or something that shows you still care about her don't give her a card or an apology.
Original post by chikane
I do feel that you are happy with being her friend more and she is probably sad and feeling awkward i know it will be hard for her to try and go back to being friends so give her space and reach out in a few weeks time or she might reach out herself. Like someone said maybe do something for her get her a gift or something that shows you still care about her don't give her a card or an apology.

Thank you. I think I will try and speak to her in a few weeks time. But right now I don't think she wants anything to do with em. She ignored me today on school, didn't even say a hi.
Original post by GingerJoe

That's what I am like, I guess
Thank you. I think I will try and speak to her in a few weeks time. But right now I don't think she wants anything to do with em. She ignored me today on school, didn't even say a hi.

You say she is the love of your life so why not let her decide if she will be happy with you. Yes you are different but you both could help each other to experience different things whats so good about having someone who likes everything you do it will get boring. If you want to stay in she might want to stay in too at times if she loves you she will do anything to make you happy and vice versa.
Atleast try and explain how you feel she could understand but that is my opinion what you do is up to you, what exactly did you say to her when you told her no?
Original post by chikane
You say she is the love of your life so why not let her decide if she will be happy with you. Yes you are different but you both could help each other to experience different things whats so good about having someone who likes everything you do it will get boring. If you want to stay in she might want to stay in too at times if she loves you she will do anything to make you happy and vice versa.
Atleast try and explain how you feel she could understand but that is my opinion what you do is up to you, what exactly did you say to her when you told her no?

Well I am in therapy and I kinda used that as an excuse. I explained the condition I have got and how it makes me anxious about a relationship. Now you'd be wondering what made me change my mind now. Although my condition was a reason as well, the main reason was always the fact that we are different and I thought she won't be happy with me.
Well I am in therapy and I kinda used that as an excuse. I explained the condition I have got and how it makes me anxious about a relationship. Now you'd be wondering what made me change my mind now. Although my condition was a reason as well, the main reason was always the fact that we are different and I thought she won't be happy with me.

So you didnt tell her you liked her back? would you be happy with her being with someone else? will you have no regrets when you look back?
Original post by chikane
So you didnt tell her you liked her back? would you be happy with her being with someone else? will you have no regrets when you look back?

I did say I liked her but she might've took it as me just being kind. Would I be happy if she goes out with someone else? well if she is happy then I am happy. I guess that's what liking someone is, always seeing them happy. Regrets, yes I do regret it and I think I always will.
By the way, I really appreciate you helping me out here, thank you
I did say I liked her but she might've took it as me just being kind. Would I be happy if she goes out with someone else? well if she is happy then I am happy. I guess that's what liking someone is, always seeing them happy. Regrets, yes I do regret it and I think I always will.
By the way, I really appreciate you helping me out here, thank you

Its okay im glad to help, what if her happiness was with you though? why not just give it a try if it dont work out atleast you tried.
Maybe she thinks that the therapy was an excuse and you dont want to be with her and you were being kind i still think you could make it work only if you were honest and said how you feel you cant make her happy and let her decide what she wants.
If i loved someone and they told me they felt they werent good for me i would appreciate their honesty and tell them they would make me so happy.
Its up to you what you do and good luck if theres a chance to be happy dont let it slip away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending