Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Me too :frown:

:hugs: it suuuucks
Me too :frown:

Discrimination against people with Schizophrenia,

I has started getting pretty nasty on here against me recently!
Original post by Sabertooth
No I haven't. :colondollar: I don't have a personal tutor and I don't even know what to say to the disability services. I just don't know where to start or what they could do to help me anyway.

I just had another test (in a different module) and the questions required a lot of thought but the voices were laughing and shouting the whole time so I'm sure I've failed that one too. :frown:

Sorry delay was being dopey and didn't log in on the computer to check notifications.

Make an appointment with them and start with saying you need more support because at the moment you're struggling. They'll ask you more questions and just fill them in just make them pay attention and offer options basically :smile:

Don't worry it must be so difficult to do an exam with that going on in your head, sounds really taxing no wonder you're not achieving the grades you want :hugs: but I'm sure you can if people recognise your problems and add that extra support into the equation
CPN has agreed to a meds increase. He will talk about it with my useless psychiatrist, who I see this coming Thursday.
Original post by john2054
Discrimination against people with Schizophrenia,

I has started getting pretty nasty on here against me recently!

What do you mean? On this thread?

Not just on this webpage, but also in my real life and on facebook. thanks.

i also did my over the phone pip application today. I think she is going to send me a form to fill in. it should be alright though, because i have a medical history, thus my notes will be rammed.
i also did my over the phone pip application today. I think she is going to send me a form to fill in. it should be alright though, because i have a medical history, thus my notes will be rammed.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear you've been getting bad responses.
I feel so sick i’m that anxious

Spoiler

Original post by Cinnie
I feel so sick i’m that anxious

Spoiler

I know it's hypocritical of me, but are sure you should have stopped the clozapine?

My advice would be to tell your CPN not just how you feel but also about stopping.
Could you call your local crisis team if struggling?
a d's still a pass though, for degree level at least??

No, a D is a fail. Not only that but in order for me to do the compulsory module that follows this one I need at least a C but "preferably" a B.

What have people been saying to you? If they're being offensive or trolling you can report them. :console:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Sorry delay was being dopey and didn't log in on the computer to check notifications.

Make an appointment with them and start with saying you need more support because at the moment you're struggling. They'll ask you more questions and just fill them in just make them pay attention and offer options basically :smile:

Don't worry it must be so difficult to do an exam with that going on in your head, sounds really taxing no wonder you're not achieving the grades you want :hugs: but I'm sure you can if people recognise your problems and add that extra support into the equation

Thank you for the advice, LP. :smile: I will send them an email to set up an appointment. There's no DSA here so I have no idea what kind of support they can offer but I guess I won't know unless I ask. I do feel kind of guilty about it though - there was this girl in an electronic wheelchair today and it's just like, she's coping I'm not, why am I so pathetic? I dunno, I'll email them but I'm not optimistic.

Hope you're doing ok.
Thank you for the advice, LP. :smile: I will send them an email to set up an appointment. There's no DSA here so I have no idea what kind of support they can offer but I guess I won't know unless I ask. I do feel kind of guilty about it though - there was this girl in an electronic wheelchair today and it's just like, she's coping I'm not, why am I so pathetic? I dunno, I'll email them but I'm not optimistic.

Hope you're doing ok.

Saber, your problems are just as important as someone with physical disabilities. :hugs: You're not pathetic at all, I think it's brilliant how you've returned to uni to study.
No, a D is a fail. Not only that but in order for me to do the compulsory module that follows this one I need at least a C but "preferably" a B.

What have people been saying to you? If they're being offensive or trolling you can report them. :console:

Most of my grades were ds, so i think i do know what i am talking about. You must be talking about a level, where i think a d is a fail.

PS it doesn't matter about me, thanks for asking though. I was talking about having some of my conversations stopped.

here is proof about the d (40-49%): Maybe you haven't reached degree level yet?

gradesd.jpg
Most of my grades were ds, so i think i do know what i am talking about. You must be talking about a level, where i think a d is a fail.

PS it doesn't matter about me, thanks for asking though. I was talking about having some of my conversations stopped.

here is proof about the d (40-49%): Maybe you haven't reached degree level yet?

gradesd.jpg

A D at A level is still a pass. Sabertooth is in the US; so it's probably different there.

Hope you're doing ok.

Original post by Airmed
Saber, your problems are just as important as someone with physical disabilities. :hugs: You're not pathetic at all, I think it's brilliant how you've returned to uni to study.

Amen :hugs: you've got this. You're not pathetic at all!
Original post by iEthan
Amen :hugs: you've got this. You're not pathetic at all!

nobody said he was pathetic!
nobody said he was pathetic!

Please read the posts man……………………..

Hope you're doing ok.
That's the problem with these kinds of illnesses but don't buy into that internalised stigma you know how debilitating it can all be. Okay good plan hope they get back to you soon :smile:
I'm okay thanks just coasting along...
Original post by Little Popcorns
That's the problem with these kinds of illnesses but don't buy into that internalised stigma you know how debilitating it can all be. Okay good plan hope they get back to you soon :smile:
I'm okay thanks just coasting along...

stigma is very real and a great problem for some people who suffer from mental illness though?

Latest