The Student Room Group

Urgent - do I make a move?!

So I work for this guy (as well as 2 others), he's only a few years older than me and it's a small business that I've worked for for a few years and I go back to in the holidays. Its my last day tomorrow before I go back to uni and I've been there for the last 4 months solid. We've grown really close, he winds me up CONSTANTLY and really enjoys it, and I do too really. He's always pushing me and being super friendly. But then again e has to be my boss and so sometimes he's more serious. He split up with his girlfriend at the beginning of the summer so I haven't done anything as I didn't want to end up being a rebound, but I don't think I can go back to uni feeing like this, and I don't think he's going to make a move. Should I? HELP!
Original post by Anonymous
So I work for this guy (as well as 2 others), he's only a few years older than me and it's a small business that I've worked for for a few years and I go back to in the holidays. Its my last day tomorrow before I go back to uni and I've been there for the last 4 months solid. We've grown really close, he winds me up CONSTANTLY and really enjoys it, and I do too really. He's always pushing me and being super friendly. But then again e has to be my boss and so sometimes he's more serious. He split up with his girlfriend at the beginning of the summer so I haven't done anything as I didn't want to end up being a rebound, but I don't think I can go back to uni feeing like this, and I don't think he's going to make a move. Should I? HELP!

Do it! If you don't you WILL regret it! Make a move! Stay in touch!
DO IT!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Seth00
Do it! If you don't you WILL regret it! Make a move! Stay in touch!

I'm literally the biggest phobe when it comes to humiliation though! What if he rejects me?
I'm literally the biggest phobe when it comes to humiliation though! What if he rejects me?

I was scared to run out of school and bunk on the 2nd last day. But I did it and my friends and I had the best time ever! Trust me, I would do it again in an instant, even though I was scared of being caught! Just do it! If he rejects you, don't worry. Things might not be the same, but it's worth the risk!
When you say "urgent", like is this real-time?
Reply 6
Original post by Trinculo
When you say "urgent", like is this real-time?

Haha yeah?
Reply 7
I know he is your boss but you can always ask for his number? If you already have it then ask if he wants to grab a coffee or something sometime. Don't come across too forward because he is your boss. He OBVIOUSLY really likes you! :smile:
Haha yeah?

This is exciting, like being in Cyrano de Bergerac.
Reply 9
Snog him at your leaving do
Original post by Trinculo
This is exciting, like being in Cyrano de Bergerac.

Haha I'm glad someone finds this exciting!! I'm *****ing myself 😂
Reply 11
DON'T!
If he really wanted a relationship with you, he would've asked you out, and he had ages to do that. Well, he is male thus expected to make the first move.
Should you ignore this, which you most likely will judging by your posts, you will either - have to face embarrassment when he rejects you, and when you come back you'll have to spend every day next to a person who rejected you. Your life will not be the same. If he surprisingly doesn't reject you, imagine what kind of a relationship would it be, if you don't live near each other since day 1. You should've asked him out at the beginning of the summer, not now.
Original post by Cruxell
DON'T!
If he really wanted a relationship with you, he would've asked you out, and he had ages to do that. Well, he is male thus expected to make the first move.
Should you ignore this, which you most likely will judging by your posts, you will either - have to face embarrassment when he rejects you, and when you come back you'll have to spend every day next to a person who rejected you. Your life will not be the same. If he surprisingly doesn't reject you, imagine what kind of a relationship would it be, if you don't live near each other since day 1. You should've asked him out at the beginning of the summer, not now.

I've never read so much crap in my life. Did you even read the damn post?
Original post by Cruxell
DON'T!

I don't agree with this. I think that your relationship has grown through the workplace but he is most likely scared of YOU rejecting HIM. Just keep it causal at first and get him to go outside of the workplace on a one to one 'friends' situation. This way you will be able to see if he is flirty and if you get on away from work. If not then it won't be awkward and you will just be friends but I think you will have chemistry!
Reply 14
Original post by cbreef
I've never read so much crap in my life. Did you even read the damn post?

Apologies, didn't wanna make you cry.
Not to lower the tone, but the essential truth is that if one of your employees is leaving and gives you the green light, there is no way on earth that he isn't all over that.
Reply 16
Tip: If he eats off the same spoon as you (one you have already put in your month) He will kiss you.

*winky face* If he does eat off it, then go for it! if he doesn't, that doesn't necessarily mean who wouldn't want to take you out. But maybe you guys aren't comfortable enough yet?
Original post by Locyce
Tip: If he eats off the same spoon as you (one you have already put in your month) He will kiss you.

*winky face* If he does eat off it, then go for it! if he doesn't, that doesn't necessarily mean who wouldn't want to take you out. But maybe you guys aren't comfortable enough yet?

Really?! We've drunk out of the same glass but not sure thats the same thing?
Reply 18
Really?! We've drunk out of the same glass but not sure thats the same thing?

Only if he was aware you drank out of it too. But to really set this in stone, it needs to be fed, like ''Oh my, this yogurt tastes good' then feed him a spoonful. Like a couple-y thing.
Reply 19
Once again, imagine a long distance relationship from day 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending