The Student Room Group

Advantage of target over semi-target?

I don't quite understand the target/semi-target thing..

Would a target student be preferred by a semi-target student by banks?
What is the advantage of going to a target over a semi-target? Am I more likely to make it into IB from a target than a semi-target?
Original post by biglad2k16
I don't quite understand the target/semi-target thing..

Would a target student be preferred by a semi-target student by banks?
What is the advantage of going to a target over a semi-target? Am I more likely to make it into IB from a target than a semi-target?

Not for a firm where both are on the list of core schools, but for one where the 'target' is on the list of core schools and the semi-target is not - yes.

More support, more peers/alumni/people in years above in banking, more exclusive events, more firms having a campus presence, more firms placing them on a core target schools list. Could replace more with 'all'.

In theory, a semi-target is a target but with less of the above (fewer firms) and generally fewer overall numbers as a result making it into front office banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Not for a firm where both are on the list of core schools, but for one where the 'target' is on the list of core schools and the semi-target is not - yes.

More support, more peers/alumni/people in years above in banking, more exclusive events, more firms having a campus presence, more firms placing them on a core target schools list. Could replace more with 'all'.

In theory, a semi-target is a target but with less of the above (fewer firms) and generally fewer overall numbers as a result making it into front office banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo hows it going so far with summer internships? Any luck so far?
Target > Semi target
Original post by Gman786
Yo hows it going so far with summer internships? Any luck so far?

I don't think he's applying for summer internships...
Reply 5
Original post by Mandem67
I don't think he's applying for summer internships...

How do you know? ..
Original post by Gman786
How do you know? ..

Because he's in his first year at uni
Reply 7
Because he's in his first year at uni

So am i.. You need to apply now for 2017 internships so you will be in your penultimate year. Dude...
Original post by Gman786
So am i.. You need to apply now for 2017 internships so you will be in your penultimate year. Dude...

I meant that he just started his first year or is going to start it soon. You apply to summer internships in the second year of university or the third year of a four year degree.
I meant that he just started his first year or is going to start it soon. You apply to summer internships in the second year of university or the third year of a four year degree.

Think he's alluding to spring weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Think he's alluding to spring weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prince u told me you started uni and finished ur 1st year :/
Original post by Gman786
Prince u told me you started uni and finished ur 1st year :/

???

Quote where I said that please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
???

Quote where I said that please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In PMs remember?
Original post by Gman786
In PMs remember?

I literally checked and didn't say anything like that aha. Maybe you mean someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I literally checked and didn't say anything like that aha. Maybe you mean someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be confusing you with someonelse my bad..
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks homeboy

Quick Reply