The Student Room Group

Could i get in to uni?

I am currently studying a levels and am predicted AAB. I am going to apply for fine art courses but people are saying that i wont get in without a foundation degree. Personally i dont agree and know people who went to university without one. My question is is that with a good portfolio, grades and personal statement would i be able to get a place at a fine art course at uni without a foundation degree?
Reply 1
Most likely not :/ gl
Reply 2
I believe anyone is capable of anything, so my answer is yes.
I got F and D's all over high school, I also went into university and I have a Bachelor's degree now. The only difference is that I had an associate's degree before going into university.

Sometimes, like in this case, if you listen to people's negative comments, you might screw over your own life.
Do whatever it takes to get where you want!
Reply 3
Original post by 571122
I believe anyone is capable of anything, so my answer is yes.
I got F and D's all over high school, I also went into university and I have a Bachelor's degree now. The only difference is that I had an associate's degree before going into university.

Sometimes, like in this case, if you listen to people's negative comments, you might screw over your own life.
Do whatever it takes to get where you want!

Thank you for the advice. People have been telling me that i wont get into university without a foundation degree and that sometimes makes me think that i wont be able to get a place anywhere, but im trying to ignore the negativity and focus on my portfolio.
Reply 4
Original post by Gabriela123
Thank you for the advice. People have been telling me that i wont get into university without a foundation degree and that sometimes makes me think that i wont be able to get a place anywhere, but im trying to ignore the negativity and focus on my portfolio.

Ok, that sounds good. Make sure you check on their website what the university's requirements are.
Reply 5
It depends what the university looks for - if you get high grades and meet the unis ucas requirements then it just depend on the course you apply for. Some art courses would require a foundation art as you work would drastically improve in that year, (I think allot of UAL unis want a foundation for a fine art before the degree but not sure). But some unis and courses don't require a foundation - so it really does depend on the course you apply for, it should say in the description what the entry requirements are.

I am applying to do an arts course at university without a foundation as (hopefully!!) I will meet the portfolio requirements, so if your portfolio is good enough then it should be fine - but check out the individual course requirements and possibly speak to someone there?

Quick Reply

Latest