The Student Room Group

The story of believeteam22 and how it all ended with the girl..

Hello TSR! Haven't posted on here in over 3 months and I felt the people (who have helped me, gave so much advice, and just in general been there throughout my rollercoaster of a journey with that girl) deserve to know how it all ended for me.

I graduated (with a 1st class honours). I went to the graduation ceremony but the girl never turned up. I was nervous but glad uni was finally over and I could move on from that ordeal.

It's been almost 3 months of no contact with her. I have been feeling 100 times better then about 3-4 months ago when I was fighting through depression and anxiety and other stuff. I am honestly doing great now.

I kept on meeting with my therapist, and it was my final session with her this week. I have been discharged from there and she said she is very happy with my progress.

Life is good again. Landed an amazing job last week. Health wise I am doing great again and I don't sit in my room all day alone feeling sad or miserable or anything like that. No more chest pains, no more depression, no more thinking of the girl all the time.

I still think of her here and there, but I just divert my mind and I am ok with that.

I have to say, the support from family, friends, TSR and overall just TIME has been the key to me getting over that bad phase of my life.

I feel like this whole situation has made me into a much stronger person, much more mature and I have learned a lot from it.

If anyone is going through any relationship/friendship break up or anything of the sort, it does get easier.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave their input and help over the last few years.

I hope I don't get into trouble for this thread, but I felt like the people of TSR who knew of my situation would be happy for me, to know that it all ended ok for me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great man.

The simple conclusion is, don't get attached to any one girl. They're all after money and prestige and just not worth falling "in love" with!
Reply 2
Glad to hear it all ended okay! :smile:
We believe and we succeed.
Reply 4
I'm glad you took our advice in the end!

I'm happy for you, congratulations on your first class degree and well done for getting rid of that manipulative ***** :biggrin:
Reply 5
Praise all gods that exist. Seriously. Amazing.
Original post by believeteam22
Hello TSR! Haven't posted on here in over 3 months and I felt the people (who have helped me, gave so much advice, and just in general been there throughout my rollercoaster of a journey with that girl) deserve to know how it all ended for me.

I graduated (with a 1st class honours). I went to the graduation ceremony but the girl never turned up. I was nervous but glad uni was finally over and I could move on from that ordeal.

It's been almost 3 months of no contact with her. I have been feeling 100 times better then about 3-4 months ago when I was fighting through depression and anxiety and other stuff. I am honestly doing great now.

I kept on meeting with my therapist, and it was my final session with her this week. I have been discharged from there and she said she is very happy with my progress.

Life is good again. Landed an amazing job last week. Health wise I am doing great again and I don't sit in my room all day alone feeling sad or miserable or anything like that. No more chest pains, no more depression, no more thinking of the girl all the time.

I still think of her here and there, but I just divert my mind and I am ok with that.

I have to say, the support from family, friends, TSR and overall just TIME has been the key to me getting over that bad phase of my life.

I feel like this whole situation has made me into a much stronger person, much more mature and I have learned a lot from it.

If anyone is going through any relationship/friendship break up or anything of the sort, it does get easier.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave their input and help over the last few years.

I hope I don't get into trouble for this thread, but I felt like the people of TSR who knew of my situation would be happy for me, to know that it all ended ok for me.

Well done mate :smile:
Glad to here it buddy :smile:
Original post by Katarvi
Glad to hear it all ended okay! :smile:

Original post by Rhythmical
We believe and we succeed.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Glad to here it buddy :smile:

Thanks guys!
Original post by Arbe
Great man.

The simple conclusion is, don't get attached to any one girl. They're all after money and prestige and just not worth falling "in love" with!

Thanks. Definitely. Lesson learned. :smile:
Original post by UWS
I'm glad you took our advice in the end!

I'm happy for you, congratulations on your first class degree and well done for getting rid of that manipulative ***** :biggrin:

Thanks a lot. I am glad I did..eventually. I feel great now. :biggrin:
Original post by Airmed
Praise all gods that exist. Seriously. Amazing.

haha thank you. I bet you can't quite believe it. :biggrin: But yes, amazing. Thanks!
Original post by usycool1
Well done mate :smile:

Thank you :smile:
What a great and positive response. Thanks everyone! :smile:
Well done!! :biggrin:
Well.... we got there in the end. Good luck with whatever you've decided to do. I guess you're an example for why people should never lose hope on someone. There's always a way out in any situation and I'm glad you found it
I'm still convinced that you're a troll, in which case I respect the fact that you've kept a character going for such a long time and didn't slip up at all.

If this whole story really is legit (which I really don't think) then congratulations on finally getting yourself out of the mess you were in and setting a great example for everyone else to see.
That's great to hear you're moving on. I think what this story illustrates is that during these situations, the no contact approach is always the best way forward. Remaining in a friendship with someone when you want more than that only leads to a cycle of angst and in some examples, the pain and discomfort endured by the likes of believeteam.

In your case, it's clear to me that it was only finishing uni and being forced apart from this girl that allowed your stubborn infatuation for her to subside. Best of luck!
Original post by believeteam22

PRAISE BE! Very happy to hear 😃
Fair play bruv, sound. The prophet is waiting for you man anytime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending