The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by PatriciaLapitan
Hey guys, I know you are all focused on your GCSEs, but work experience is also quite important for university and CVs etc. I was wondering whether anyone here has done any for medical related things? Does anyone know where I could inquire about medical work experience in year 11?

Hey. I've had a lot of trouble finding work experience too - not sure where you live (obviously), but the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham has a work experience programme. It's worth looking around the internet to see if hospitals near you have work experience programmes like this? It took me a while to find it, although it seems to be quite well-known?
Original post by Simonexoxo
I do AQA Spanish, English lit and lang then Edexcel maths and r.e if we ever had any questions for each other, plus I'm try to be as motivated as possible but I always get side tracked 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be sure to message you if I need help :smile:. Also which books/plays are you studying in English lit, and which units are you doing in RE?
(Im doing Blood brothers, A christmas carol and Romeo and Juliet // and Unit 3 and 8 for RE)
Original post by bluepearl7
What marks is everyone getting in the Maths papers? And how do you guys revise for it?

I haven't done any proper mocks yet, but I often "revise" for Maths, by, nearly daily, practice of topics I am weaker at. I'd advise doing frequent gap analysis, too.
Reply 523
Original post by _gcx
I haven't done any proper mocks yet, but I often "revise" for Maths, by, nearly daily, practice of topics I am weaker at. I'd advise doing frequent gap analysis, too.

PRSOM!
Reply 524
Quote of the week for me is "Motivation is the breakfast to success." thanks to @Hey It's Cerian, defo worked for me. :biggrin:
There will be one on Monday for all so watch this space.
- JTran38
Because most of the maths department has left, I (a top set yr 11) have a pe teacher who doesn't really know what he's doing and is confusing. Do you think it's possible to self teach myself the rest of the course as I'm not going to learn much from him- even though hes apparently leaving in October but that's still alot of learning time lost. What do you think?
Original post by pinkypaz123
Because most of the maths department has left, I (a top set yr 11) have a pe teacher who doesn't really know what he's doing and is confusing. Do you think it's possible to self teach myself the rest of the course as I'm not going to learn much from him- even though hes apparently leaving in October but that's still alot of learning time lost. What do you think?

Yes, of course you can! What exam board are you on? (so I can link you the spec)
Original post by _gcx
Hi Tasha! :smile:

I'm doing 9 GCSEs this year (inc. Triple Science, RS, French and History), having done 1 in Year 10 (IT) and 1 in Year 9 (Citizenship). What GCSE options did you take?

thats good!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tasha_tah
thats good!

Spoiler

It is probably 10 since Triple Science is 3 GCSEs, and you're probably doing EngLit along with EngLang.

Good luck! :smile:

Do you have any plans for the future?
Original post by _gcx
It is probably 10 since Triple Science is 3 GCSEs, and you're probably doing EngLit along with EngLang.

Good luck! :smile:

Do you have any plans for the future?

Yes that's true...I'm also doing further maths at gcse too

U too ! :smile:

Well.. I haven't really chosen my career path yet atm but I want to do a levels next ...ill have to look into some courses

What about u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I know you are all focused on your GCSEs, but work experience is also quite important for university and CVs etc. I was wondering whether anyone here has done any for medical related things? Does anyone know where I could inquire about medical work experience in year 11?

I have a couple of things that are related to medicine (it may be something I'll be doing in the future, and if I do study medicine I want to do Psychiatry)

I'm currently doing;

- 7CUPS Internship (10 hours pw per 8 wks of counselling for others, and a range of other things) and I've been taking part in the illness/chronic pain support sections
- I'll be participating in a sports club for disabled children/children with chronic illnesses, by a charity that supports ill children/children with disabilities etc
- I'll be helping out as a yoga assistant for children, and I'm really excited as it will give me oppertunities to work with chilren & also work for their wellbeing and combating stress through relaxation & meditation etc

Personally I am currently looking for work experience where I can. I took an hour to phone to hospitals across London, and I did get some results :smile: I recommend just trying to fish around trying to see if youcan find anything x
Hey,

Is anyone doing furher maths? If you are what is the content like and how are you finding it?
Hey,

Is anyone doing furher maths? If you are what is the content like and how are you finding it?

Hey

Yes I'm doing further maths :smile: u?

Well we just started it so it's okay atm but I think it'll get harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also forgot to mention - my family is very close friends with my dentist, and I asked her if I could have wex at her dentistry. She said that in the previous years she's emailed schools about it, but not all schools allow the work experience to take place according to her. She's going to ask for me, but we'll see how it goes :smile:
Yes that's true...I'm also doing further maths at gcse too

U too ! :smile:

Well.. I haven't really chosen my career path yet atm but I want to do a levels next ...ill have to look into some courses

What about u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to take for A-level: Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics, to go into a career path involving CS :smile:
Hey

Yes I'm doing further maths :smile: u?

Well we just started it so it's okay atm but I think it'll get harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thinks o but we haven't started it yet and I'm worried. What is the content and exams like?
Original post by _gcx
I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to take for A-level: Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics, to go into a career path involving CS :smile:

That's rly good ! Good luck with everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I thinks o but we haven't started it yet and I'm worried. What is the content and exams like?

Don't be worried :smile: practice makes perfect

Some stuff are from a level so if u pik a level maths then u will have covered the first bit in fm

I think there's 2 exams for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JTran38
Quote of the week for me is "Motivation is the breakfast to success." thanks to @Hey It's Cerian, defo worked for me. :biggrin:
There will be one on Monday for all so watch this space.
- JTran38

Thank you for the shoutout Jacky! Glad to hear that quote has inspired and motivated you. Hopefully, a few others will be inspired bh it, too. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be worried :smile: practice makes perfect

Some stuff are from a level so if u pik a level maths then u will have covered the first bit in fm

I think there's 2 exams for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming you're talking about the AQA Level 2 Certificate, yes. There's one calc and one non-calc. If I remember correctly, the calculator paper has more weighting. I think it might have been 105 marks on the calculator paper and 70 on the non-calc?

Latest