The Student Room Group

Radical preacher Anjem Choudary jailed for five years.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
The general theme here is that people are kept in cells for too long which isn't a productive use of the time.

http://prisonuk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/prison-regimes-where-cracks-are-showing.html?m=1

I mean councils are short on money big time, I'd send them out road sweeping or doing something else that's useful.

The issue with that, is who will pay for the supervision of them whilst cleaning? As it would increase costs.
Original post by The_Opinion
The issue with that, is who will pay for the supervision of them whilst cleaning? As it would increase costs.

Supervison likely wouldn't be one-to-one, so it should be cheaper to cover the costs for supervising them rather than employing enough people for work that the local authority couldn't otherwise afford to do.

Obviously it would have to exclude high risk prisoners.
Reply 42
With the money, time and risks taken to lock him up I say 5 years is utterly appalling especially considering he'll be out in 3 years. Disgraceful, makes us look weak and useless.
Reply 43
Original post by Anon4ver
I'm a muslim and I think he should be imprisoned for longer :biggrin:

and yet Blair can not only be still free, but be writing a book aswell....
Original post by zayn008
With the money, time and risks taken to lock him up I say 5 years is utterly appalling especially considering he'll be out in 3 years. Disgraceful, makes us look weak and useless.

We are weak and useless, the weakest we have ever been.
Original post by Dodgypirate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37284199 Radical preacher Anjem Choudary has been jailed for five-and-a-half years for inviting support for the so-called Islamic State group.The 49-year-old was convicted at the Old Bailey after backing the group in an oath of allegiance published online.

Spoiler

only 5.5 years?!
Reply 46
Original post by The_Opinion
We are weak and useless, the weakest we have ever been.

It's quite sad to think if he had been given 10 years+ people from human rights campaigns would've stuck up for him and no doubt the EU would be on his side
Original post by zayn008
It's quite sad to think if he had been given 10 years+ people from human rights campaigns would've stuck up for him and no doubt the EU would be on his side

Yep, and the British government gives money one way or another to these charities, the British government is pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending