The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is turning me into a right fruit loop! I keep checking my online account for updates but nothing changes lol.:smile: I hope we all get some news soon! The email informing us we'd passed the interview is the biggest tease ever! Just hit me with a yes or no hmrc.
Original post by dagoro1
Hmmm, that could be a little awkward! :s-smilie:

It's common courtesy to inform your manager if you are applying for another HMRC job.*
Original post by Mega0448
It's common courtesy to inform your manager if you are applying for another HMRC job.*

I know. It's just that I applied for HMRC first but in the meantime I've started in another civil service dept...
Hi All, I'm generally quite positive and try to avoid complaining, but this recruitment process has been very poor. The time between the different stages, the poor communication and excruciating uncertainty of it all, I mean it is all rather concerning.

I get the feeling that the recruitment team are still not sure about how many people can be recruited and in what locations. They're probably still awaiting confirmation from senior management. This details should've been settled before initiated recruitment. I've even heard that the contract hasn't been signed for the lease in Stratford - and there's a bit of a bidding war between different organisations, including HMRC. For those applying hoping to be in Stratford this is worrying. All this alongside the scathing employee reviews on the glassdoor app/website has me re-evaluating my interest in the role. Nonetheless I still want to know if I've been successful!

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, I was wondering if anybody has seen their scores/feedback come up having initially received the email saying that they've passed the interview stage? And has anybody actually got any firm offers with locations and start dates?
Reply 1164
Original post by kimmyknx
Good answer, thank you. My guess would be that the next week we will get emails either with a Provisional Offer, or stating we have been put on the Reserve List.

Do many people from the Reserve List eventually receive an offer?

I was put on the reserve list from the Feb campaign and a few days later I was offered a position, pending pre employment checks. Subsequently a formal offer was made which I accepted.
Original post by Hayho
I was put on the reserve list from the Feb campaign and a few days later I was offered a position, pending pre employment checks. Subsequently a formal offer was made which I accepted.

What scores did you get in the interview?

Do we know anyone who has been on a HO Reserve List and NOT been offered a place at all at a later date?
Reply 1166
Original post by Sljca
I started yesterday at trinity bridge house as a ho. Loving it so far!!!!!

How are you finding it now? What area are you in? I start 3rd October in E&C Small and Medium Businesses.

Out of curiosity, and feel free not to answer, what is your starting salary out of the pay bracket they offered?
Original post by Smaack
How are you finding it now? What area are you in? I start 3rd October in E&C Small and Medium Businesses.

Out of curiosity, and feel free not to answer, what is your starting salary out of the pay bracket they offered?

It will be the bottom of the scale. Just like yours will be. There is no negotiation.*
Reply 1168
Original post by Mega0448
It will be the bottom of the scale. Just like yours will be. There is no negotiation.*

Fair enough. I was wondering if people got different rates depending on how well their interviews went. Either way im excited to start!
Original post by Smaack
Fair enough. I was wondering if people got different rates depending on how well their interviews went. Either way im excited to start!

Ha if only!*

The way it's structured now most people are on the bottom and will stay at the bottom as you get a 1% increase per year but the pay band also moves up along with it. *
Original post by PabloPatron
Hi All, I'm generally quite positive and try to avoid complaining, but this recruitment process has been very poor. The time between the different stages, the poor communication and excruciating uncertainty of it all, I mean it is all rather concerning.

I get the feeling that the recruitment team are still not sure about how many people can be recruited and in what locations. They're probably still awaiting confirmation from senior management. This details should've been settled before initiated recruitment. I've even heard that the contract hasn't been signed for the lease in Stratford - and there's a bit of a bidding war between different organisations, including HMRC. For those applying hoping to be in Stratford this is worrying. All this alongside the scathing employee reviews on the glassdoor app/website has me re-evaluating my interest in the role. Nonetheless I still want to know if I've been successful!

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, I was wondering if anybody has seen their scores/feedback come up having initially received the email saying that they've passed the interview stage? And has anybody actually got any firm offers with locations and start dates?

The only location which has a confirmed new office as part of the Building our Future project is Croydon which will open next summer. No site has been confirmed for any of the other locations but HMRC will have a new office in Stratford.
Reply 1171
I am thoroughly enjoying it. The job was everything I expected. I like the work and think it will be a job I can get my teeth into!!!
Reply 1172
Original post by pukahontas
The only location which has a confirmed new office as part of the Building our Future project is Croydon which will open next summer. No site has been confirmed for any of the other locations but HMRC will have a new office in Stratford.

I'm surprised they haven't got a site in stratford. A lot of London jobs they advertised mention moving to Stratford by 2020.
Just a thought: maybe they're waiting until the internals have accepted the provisional offers to see how many places are left for externals?
Original post by dagoro1
Just a thought: maybe they're waiting until the internals have accepted the provisional offers to see how many places are left for externals?

To me, that wouldn't make sense because they're still recruiting after the campaign ...I think they just don't know how many people they need to take on in general.
Reply 1175
And it would make sense to take any internal jobs out of the 1000 jobs just advertised (assuming that they actually fill all 300 internal vacancies in this tranche)
I'm also pinning a little credence to Deltaguy being told that everyone who had the passed the interview email will get a position.

Also, reading between the lines, they've just released another 1000 jobs, if they'd have got all 680 in the first tranche and then 600 in this tranche then they wouldn't be advertising all that many (considering that's 680->600->1000)
Original post by Litts
And it would make sense to take any internal jobs out of the 1000 jobs just advertised (assuming that they actually fill all 300 internal vacancies in this tranche)
I'm also pinning a little credence to Deltaguy being told that everyone who had the passed the interview email will get a position.

Also, reading between the lines, they've just released another 1000 jobs, if they'd have got all 680 in the first tranche and then 600 in this tranche then they wouldn't be advertising all that many (considering that's 680->600->1000)

Everyone knows Hmrc is recruiting a crazy amount of people especially after they were give more money this year from the treasury and they've made it clear they're main focus is to make sure everyone is compliant in terms of tax. So that's why so much money is being ploughed into E&C. Litts you are right about the whole vacancy reserve list thing but I think we have to remember that anyone who applied at stage 4 will (the way I understand it) only be considered at that stage. So let's say there was to be a reserve list for 1320/16, then these people won't be offered a role ahead of the internal applicants for the 1000 posts because they are stage 2&3.

So I'm hoping whoever told DeltaGuy knows their stuff! :smile:
Reply 1177
Original post by memoryfish
Everyone knows Hmrc is recruiting a crazy amount of people especially after they were give more money this year from the treasury and they've made it clear they're main focus is to make sure everyone is compliant in terms of tax. So that's why so much money is being ploughed into E&C. Litts you are right about the whole vacancy reserve list thing but I think we have to remember that anyone who applied at stage 4 will (the way I understand it) only be considered at that stage. So let's say there was to be a reserve list for 1320/16, then these people won't be offered a role ahead of the internal applicants for the 1000 posts because they are stage 2&3.

So I'm hoping whoever told DeltaGuy knows their stuff! :smile:

Let's hope so :smile:

You're right that any reserves from 1320 probably won't be offered out of the latest vacancy.

However, I would suspect that even if there is any overflow from the 1321 vacancy (I don't think there is due to murmurings in the office), it will be taken from the latest 1000. Therefore that leaves all 300 vacancies for external applicants.

If only everyone who applied came on here, we'd know how many people had the success email :biggrin:
Original post by PabloPatron

I agree with everything you have said. I am hoping to work in stratford but feel the chances of that happening are diminishing day by day. At least in terms of working in stratford straightaway as people will move to stratford in 2020 its about the here and now.

I was given a provisional offer on Thursday with scores of 5,4,5,5 having come through the internal vacancy 1321/16 still awaiting the formal offer and start date.
Original post by Litts
Let's hope so :smile:

You're right that any reserves from 1320 probably won't be offered out of the latest vacancy.

However, I would suspect that even if there is any overflow from the 1321 vacancy (I don't think there is due to murmurings in the office), it will be taken from the latest 1000. Therefore that leaves all 300 vacancies for external applicants.

If only everyone who applied came on here, we'd know how many people had the success email :biggrin:

Have u been hearing that the vacancies have been undersubscribed? Or that they won't action a reserve list ?

Latest

Trending

Trending