The Student Room Group

West Midlands Police Considers Allowing The Burka

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TelAviv
And what will the Burka officer do when a young single man, full of sinful lust, asks to see some identification so he knows they're a real police officer?

They'll have to show their face!

She will have the same burka in her identification card. So no problem with identification. :cool:
I'm struggling to think of any Muslim countries that permit female police officers to wear the niqab or burqa. The only example I can find are female police commandos in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, who are fighting the Taliban.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1152673

Original post by ivybridge
One typo made at 3am and that's all you can pick out? Grow the **** up.

There is so much to pick out one doesn't know where to start.

Talk about a turkey voting for Christmas. :frown:

You will be the first to be persecuted if we permit the political Islamification of this country. Actually not quite true, Jewish people will be the first, but you will be a close second.

And if you want evidence for that look at how homosexuality is viewed throughout the Islamic world.

And we are not just talking about this

https://themuslimissue.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/muslims-throw-gays-off-building.jpg

Can you point out to me a Muslim country where homosexual sex is even legal?
I don't even know where to start. I'm not fully on board with banning the burqa but this is the stupidest idea I've heard in a while. I mean it's actually utterly ridiculous.
Original post by The Epicurean
I'm struggling to think of any Muslim countries that permit female police officers to wear the niqab or burqa.

The new German uniform :smile:

http://qpress.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Burka-niqaab-uniform-police-polizei-Berlin-vermummung-schleier-islam-muslima-dienstkleidung-halal-konform.jpg
Original post by generallee

It is legal in a few Muslim majority countries, and in a number of other Muslim countries, it isn't considered illegal making it technically legal. Homosexuality is for example legal in Kosovo. That said, LGBT discrimination is often still a problem in these countries. It is also worth noting that the last Islamic caliphate in the Ottoman empire legalised homosexuality.

Turkey is a majority muslim country where homosexuality is legal.
Barely.

If you are going to talk b'llocks (sic) could you at least try to spell it correctly?

Reading through the entire thread, ivybridge is not the only one who has made spelling mistakes. But, I guess you'd pick on him because his views don't match yours. :teehee: Everyone makes mistakes here and there. Don't be such a prune.
You're not protecting anything. You are fuelling hatred and division.

Yes, and so do I wonder just that. You don't realise who is actually causing those attacks and what they mean, particularly in relation to your attempts to divide.

If I could give all of my reps to you. I would. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Turkey is a majority muslim country where homosexuality is legal.

Congratulations, you can read the post above yours. :biggrin:

Turkey is still a secular state (just) and the exception that proves the rule.

But how much longer will gay sex be permitted, by Erdogan, in the aftermath of the coup? We'll see about that...

I have to say I am not convinced that Islam and gay rights are all that compatible you know. Ask any of the gay Muslims on here.

They are persecuted by their "community" and have to make a de facto choice. Be celibate, leave the faith, or live a lie.
Whoa. Just ask yourselves this. When you are arrested, do you really need to see the face of the person arresting you? It's just not essential.
Congratulations, you can read the post above yours. :biggrin:

Turkey is still a secular state (just) and the exception that proves the rule.

But how much longer will gay sex be permitted, by Erdogan, in the aftermath of the coup? We'll see about that...

I have to say I am not convinced that Islam and gay rights are all that compatible you know. Ask any of the gay Muslims on here.

They are persecuted by their "community" and have to make a de facto choice. Be celibate, leave the faith, or live a lie.

My best friend is a practising muslim... so is his family... I have never been accepted with more love and respect in my life other than by my boyfriend's family.

It wasn't muslims refusing to stand in solidarity with the Orlando LGBT community after the attacks - it was far-right extremists and Christian pastors.
My best friend is a practising muslim... so is his family... I have never been accepted with more love and respect in my life other than by my boyfriend's family.

It wasn't muslims refusing to stand in solidarity with the Orlando LGBT community after the attacks - it was far-right extremists and Christian pastors.

Don't worry. The people on this thread think that they are saving you and I get the same 'we are saving you from oppression' because I'm a Muslim woman. :rolleyes:
Original post by Saba XD
Don't worry. The people on this thread think that they are saving you and I get the same 'we are saving you from oppression' because I'm a Muslim woman. :rolleyes:

It's disgusting, to be honest.
It's disgusting, to be honest.

Leave them lol. You do you. :wink:

haha I'm pretty sure that's a joke picture, the words and insignia were clearly edited in :wink:

That's just an anecdote. Do you dispute my contention that gay Muslims in Britain face appalling prejudice from their own "community?"

You gotta love Muslim scholars on the subject, by the way. They don't argue about whether you guys should be executed, but how...

Burned to death or stoning? A tough theological question, that one, Jesus. :frown:

https://islamqa.info/en/84140
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Whoa. Just ask yourselves this. When you are arrested, do you really need to see the face of the person arresting you? It's just not essential.

Well if I'm being stopped by a dementor for no apparent reason, going by GO WISELY, I have every right to demand that she identifies herself.

Police are CIVIL SERVANTS after all.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Police don't only arrest people, there are some circumstances where having a face covered by islamic dress are inappropiate. What if you need to approach a copper to ask about your missing child?
Original post by Saba XD

Are any members of your family practising gays, can I ask?

Do you know any in your "community?"

If so, how's it working out for them?

Quick Reply