The Student Room Group

The Scottish Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by M67
Predictions? Going for a 3-0 Celtic win. Simple fact is we are just better than you. We have so much pace going forward, and especially against your defense Griffiths should get a lot of chances (hoping he starts). Can't see anything past us winning. Waghorn back is a massive boost for you but I don't think he'll have that many chances anyway. Looking forward to the duel between Brown and Barton.

Griffiths and Waghorn aren't playing :smile:

I won't deny you've started better, but we've not hit our potential yet, and now have Senderos and Garner in the side. If we play our best we can win
No Griffiths or Roberts? I have a slight feeling Rangers will sneak a win in this case, Celtic don't have enough creativity or threat without those 2 to break down a solid Rangers defence who will sit quite deep.

I'm going 1-2 to Rangers.

Yellow Cards: 12
Red Cards: 3 (Barton, Brown, Garner)

1/4 on Brown and Barton both to be booked on BetVictor, those odds are pretty good.
Reply 62
Original post by richpanda
No Griffiths or Roberts? I have a slight feeling Rangers will sneak a win in this case, Celtic don't have enough creativity or threat without those 2 to break down a solid Rangers defence who will sit quite deep.

I'm going 1-2 to Rangers.

Yellow Cards: 12
Red Cards: 3 (Barton, Brown, Garner)

1/4 on Brown and Barton both to be booked on BetVictor, those odds are pretty good.

Rangers won't sit deep, and Celtic still have Rogic, Sinclair and Dembele. I think there will be a few goals in this game

I've got a feeling in my stomach that Kranjcar is going to do something special in this game
Original post by AndrewSCO
Rangers won't sit deep, and Celtic still have Rogic, Sinclair and Dembele. I think there will be a few goals in this game

I've got a feeling in my stomach that Kranjcar is going to do something special in this game

Sinclair is overrated, had decent scoring stats before he moved to City but most of them were penalties. Haven't seen Windass play but apparently he's pretty good so will be interested to watch.

Once it gets to 12:30 I'm gonna have the derby on the TV and the old firm streaming on my laptop. Life.
Reply 64
Griffiths and Waghorn aren't playing :smile:

I won't deny you've started better, but we've not hit our potential yet, and now have Senderos and Garner in the side. If we play our best we can win

Only found out after I'd made the post :frown:. We have lots of other attacking options in any case; Tom Rogic, Sinclair and Forrest are all in great form and Paddy Roberts running at a tired rangers defense with 20 odd minutes to go will be fun. Most confident I've ever been for a derby this I think. Hopefully won't have to delete these posts after the game.
The Old Firm game kicks off at 12pm today.

Come and watch the first half hour if you were planning on watching the Manchester derby :smile:

No. I'm watching the full thing rather than watch some corporative event with null personality and that'll be as interesting as..........
Reply 66
Original post by atom y humber
No. I'm watching the full thing rather than watch some corporative event with null personality and that'll be as interesting as..........

Excellent :wink:
Reply 67
What a performance. Cagey game first 20 minutes or so as derbies are sometimes, but it really opened up after our first goal. Conceding a goal right before half time was a real kick in the teeth and I was worried rangers would level it in the second half, but we held it together. Sinclair's goal ended the game and a couple of late goals put gloss on the scoreline. Our whole team today was superb; been critical of Armstrong in the past and I was baffled when he came off for Rogic, who I thought was excellent in the first half, but he really stepped up and scored a lovely goal. Onto Barcelona on Tuesday. Glasgow's Green and White!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Green Brigade (Celtic) display

1473524567549.jpg

Union Bears (Rangers) display

1473524602525.jpg
Original post by M67
Green Brigade (Celtic) display

1473524567549.jpg

Union Bears (Rangers) display

1473524602525.jpg

Both embarassing but one side did go too far..

CsDzf9FXEAAw2j6.jpg
Reply 70

Aye he was pish :wink:
Reply 71
Rangers' defence is just appalling - and you've got to point the finger at Warburton, who has consistently failed to address that area of weakness. He was found out at the weekend, too, with his players too tactically naive and positionally ill-disciplined.

Quick Reply

Latest