The Student Room Group

Chemistry or economics A level

Hi everyone, i'm currently struggling to decide between chemistry and economics for a level. I'm currently studying:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics/Chemistry

I will be dropping chemistry or economics after AS as well.

I also got A* in chemistry at GCSE if that helps.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by stopopups
Hi everyone, i'm currently struggling to decide between chemistry and economics for a level. I'm currently studying:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics/Chemistry

Thanks

Was in your position last year and ended up picking chemistry. I found organic hard at first since you barely learn any at gcse but the rest of the course isn't difficult (at AS). Also nearly half of the marks in the exam are on doing simple calculations so I definitely would recommend.
Original post by stopopups
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics/Chemistry

Thanks

I take both eco and chem and also maths and bio.I would say that eco is a lot more interesting. Economics is just one of those subjects where u are either very good at it or u aren't.Since u take further maths, u are obviously hella smart so u will be fine
From experience,I found it easier to get an A in eco than chem. The exam is pretty much the same in Microeconomics year in year out (I do ocr btw).The only difficult thing in eco is grasping the 20 markers but that just comes with practice. ( U don't have to have great writing skills for this)
If u have any more questions feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies everyone but I was wondering if taking chemistry over economics would help more in terms of the content overlapping with physics and how it helps in pursuing engineering

Quick Reply

Latest