Original post by LucyON1998
I'm studying English too!

oo nice what course specifically?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Bit of a random question haha but is anyone taking an iron/ ironing board? Or do you know if one is provided?

I'd considered it but i though i'd check out the ironing situation there first
Original post by BillieRose
West Midlands - near birmingham, you? A little bit of both aha :biggrin: think the nerves'll set in more when it gets closer! Have you started packing yet?

Ohh eight I'm from The east, near Milton Keyenes/camebridge :smile:, I'm quite nervous but speaking to people like you and some others in the same Accomodation made me feel better lol. I have packed some things like toiletries but not my clothes and other things just yet. How about you? By the way, do you know what sort of things will be in the pantry? I thought it's kettle, fridge and microwave but I'm not sure. :smile:
Bit of a random question haha but is anyone taking an iron/ ironing board? Or do you know if one is provided?

I was thinking the same thing! Lol, I was thinking of taking my own iron and iron board, I'm not sure about it though. I don't think they provide it but I'm gonna call them up sometime, I could let you know what they say? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Rumenaaa317
I was thinking the same thing! Lol, I was thinking of taking my own iron and iron board, I'm not sure about it though. I don't think they provide it but I'm gonna call them up sometime, I could let you know what they say? :smile:

I didn't live in Kingswood but from my understanding all of the halls have access to an iron and ironing board. In my hall (Wedderburn) we had an iron and ironing board in one of our kitchen cupboards, and I'm pretty sure I saw an ironing board in one of the other halls' laundry rooms for people to use.

Just found this: (https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/students/where-i-live/laundry.aspx)
"There is an iron and ironing board provided, for your use, in the kitchen of your Hall. In Kingswood this is located in the launderette."
Original post by Almohada
I didn't live in Kingswood but from my understanding all of the halls have access to an iron and ironing board. In my hall (Wedderburn) we had an iron and ironing board in one of our kitchen cupboards, and I'm pretty sure I saw an ironing board in one of the other halls' laundry rooms for people to use.

Just found this: (https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/students/where-i-live/laundry.aspx)
"There is an iron and ironing board provided, for your use, in the kitchen of your Hall. In Kingswood this is located in the launderette."

Oh thank you for letting me know! Saves me a phone call haha. That's good,do you know anybody from Kingswood 1? :smile:
oo nice what course specifically?

Just a straight BA in English :smile:
I'd considered it but i though i'd check out the ironing situation there first

Yeah I might just leave it. If need be I'll buy one when I'm there.

That would ne so helpful, thank you!
Oo never guys, 'Ive just seen Almohada's message :smile:
Oo never guys, 'Ive just seen Almohada's message :smile:

Hey have you guys gotten your time slot yet? And your room number? I wonder if we are in the same hall :smile:

@BillieRose
Hey have you guys gotten your time slot yet? And your room number? I wonder if we are in the same hall :smile:

@BillieRose

I don't have mine yet, do you?
I don't have mine yet, do you?

Not yet, I haven't chosen my time slot :smile: dos you get the email about choosing a time slot and stuff? Because if you've done that you can find out which room you are in :smile:
Ohh eight I'm from The east, near Milton Keyenes/camebridge :smile:, I'm quite nervous but speaking to people like you and some others in the same Accomodation made me feel better lol. I have packed some things like toiletries but not my clothes and other things just yet. How about you? By the way, do you know what sort of things will be in the pantry? I thought it's kettle, fridge and microwave but I'm not sure. :smile:

Yeah i've done pretty much the same, got my work cut out this week :biggrin: yeah i think its those things, a cupboard and a toaster but i can't be sure. Have you started the accommodation online check in?

@BillieRose

Just doing the online check on module now! Think they tell you at the end
Yeah i've done pretty much the same, got my work cut out this week :biggrin: yeah i think its those things, a cupboard and a toaster but i can't be sure. Have you started the accommodation online check in?

Yeah I have, have you? I don't know my room number though, do you know yours? :smile: oh you left your workplace? That's cool, are you gonna look for a job over there? :smile:
Not yet, I haven't chosen my time slot :smile: dos you get the email about choosing a time slot and stuff? Because if you've done that you can find out which room you are in :smile:

I've just completed the check in but it didn't tell me my room number? Chose my arrival slot though, I've got 12-2.
Yeah I have, have you? I don't know my room number though, do you know yours? :smile: oh you left your workplace? That's cool, are you gonna look for a job over there? :smile:

No i mean i've got a lot of work to do this week to get everything ready aha :smile: will be looking for a job though!
I've just completed the check in but it didn't tell me my room number? Chose my arrival slot though, I've got 12-2.

I chose 4-6, and yeah same it didn't tell me mine aswell but some people got their room number :/
I chose 4-6, and yeah same it didn't tell me mine aswell but some people got their room number :/

Maybe it'll update now we've completed it? When did you do yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending