The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Full Surrey award bursary

How does Surrey check your household income and address in order to ensure you qualify for the bursary? Do they ask for proof of income as well as proof of address?
Reply 1
Original post by Bealzibub
How does Surrey check your household income and address in order to ensure you qualify for the bursary? Do they ask for proof of income as well as proof of address?

Hi, as far as I'm aware, they get all of the information they require from Student Finance, then if you qualify the University should contact you after term has commenced.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

The answer above is correct, or at least it was the case for my year of entry, but I wanted to let you know that they might not get hold of you straight away about it. When I was in first year my first rent payment was due before they had sent me an email confirming I was eligible so I had to go down to student services to make sure I had the bursary taken off my rent payment as otherwise I was going to struggle to pay the first payment but they had no problems with this. I'm assuming that they still take the first years allowance of accommodation if your in halls so I just thought I'd give you a warning of this, even though for those who did pay the full rent when they were entitled to the bursary did get the money they were meant to get of refunded.
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
The answer above is correct, or at least it was the case for my year of entry, but I wanted to let you know that they might not get hold of you straight away about it. When I was in first year my first rent payment was due before they had sent me an email confirming I was eligible so I had to go down to student services to make sure I had the bursary taken off my rent payment as otherwise I was going to struggle to pay the first payment but they had no problems with this. I'm assuming that they still take the first years allowance of accommodation if your in halls so I just thought I'd give you a warning of this, even though for those who did pay the full rent when they were entitled to the bursary did get the money they were meant to get of refunded.

Thank you for the reply. I have asked someone else about this as well, they said they had to fill a form, do you remember what was on the form?
Thank you for the reply. I have asked someone else about this as well, they said they had to fill a form, do you remember what was on the form?

I can't remember filling out a form but when I started it was only done on the basis of household income as where I have a feeling that now you have to live in certain postcodes or something, so I'm assuming that's the kind of things they'll ask for in the form, as they can get the information of your household income from student finance. I would imagine that it'll be quite straight forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending