The Student Room Group

Late tuition loan

Hi, so I am a bit worried about what is going to happen. I applied for the tuition fee loan about a week ago which I know is very very late but the due to certain circumstances that's how it ended up. Plus I am an EU student..... My problem is that I need to enrol at Uni when freshers comes around and on the enrolment it says I need to put either the tuition fee code or my bank details.
I am concerned that I won't get it in time and just end up generally in a mess. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by stevenjamesleda
Hi, so I am a bit worried about what is going to happen. I applied for the tuition fee loan about a week ago which I know is very very late but the due to certain circumstances that's how it ended up. Plus I am an EU student..... My problem is that I need to enrol at Uni when freshers comes around and on the enrolment it says I need to put either the tuition fee code or my bank details.
I am concerned that I won't get it in time and just end up generally in a mess. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Speak to your university and tell them they may receive the loan late, then go from there.
Original post by claireestelle
Speak to your university and tell them they may receive the loan late, then go from there.

Everything got sorted out. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Everything got sorted out. Thanks for the advice :smile:

how did you manage to sort it out? I am also in the same situation
Original post by JacobCookieXD
how did you manage to sort it out? I am also in the same situation

Well, I called the student loan people and they said they had received everything and it was all approved. The reason I did not hear from them or anything was because they sent it to my old address outside of the UK. What seems to be your dilemma?
Well, I called the student loan people and they said they had received everything and it was all approved. The reason I did not hear from them or anything was because they sent it to my old address outside of the UK. What seems to be your dilemma?

Well they have everything they need from me im just yet to get anything back, if things keep this way i can could probably find a way to pay for my accommodation its just the tuition fees im worried about, is there a way to find out when exactly they need to be paid?
Original post by JacobCookieXD
Well they have everything they need from me im just yet to get anything back, if things keep this way i can could probably find a way to pay for my accommodation its just the tuition fees im worried about, is there a way to find out when exactly they need to be paid?

Are you an English or EU student? Because EU cannot get a maintenance loan anyways...
The tuition fee dates are usually dictated by the Uni. But I think they will be rather understanding about it. Your best bet is to call them asap like I did :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending