The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CallieJo
Exactly, plus there would have been nothing to my right (not the point, i know but I did actually check), there's hatch markings on the road to the right as the road splits into 2 lanes so there wouldn't have been anything to the right, so he was obviously being too harsh failing me for that, so gutted 😞 have u rebooked ur test yet?

Yeah he sounds so harsh 🙁! Yeah I've rebooked, earliest I could get was the 3rd November 😕🙁 but I'm looking out for cancellations, so I'm hoping someone has had to cancel so I can get a test sooner..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
My instructor was explaining the circumstances of him working at that test centre and there's something really dodgy about it as he travels quite a way to come to work when there is a test centre in his home town... My instructor thinks he has been fired from the centre in his town or left under dodgy circumstances 😒
My instructor feels very strongly about me appealing, he asked me to do it as a favour to him coz he wants him out! My poor instructor was in a foul mood after my test, he phoned me saying the poor person who has a lesson with him next gotta put up with his mood 😩😂

Oh dear 😕, that examiner should just get himself a new career, instead of putting students and their instructor through the misery of a failed test.

Haha fair enough, the examiner should be out of his job! Aw bless him 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Test day and it's raining. I hope it stays raining for it in a way!

Currently just going over the show me tell me questions :smile:
Reply 663
double post
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 664
Original post by Jack22031994

Good luck! Let us know how it goes
Original post by fkx
Good luck! Let us know how it goes

Thanks and will do! :smile:
Reply 666

Best of luck! :hugs:

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Good luck! Hope it goes well for you!:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks but 4 minors 2 majors :frown:
Managed to bring my test forward, to early next month :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: *dances*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown:! *hugs* that's gutting for you, what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 671

Oh no what happened? Was this your first test?
Managed to bring my test forward, to early next month :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: *dances*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw well done!! 👏🏻👏🏻😁 Did u get a cancellation today? Do they come up over the weekend? I still haven't found one yet 😭
Aw well done!! 👏🏻👏🏻😁 Did u get a cancellation today? Do they come up over the weekend? I still haven't found one yet 😭

Thanks 😄! Yeah got it today, a little while ago to be honest ☺️ I've text my instructor a little while ago to say I've changed it so praying he's ok with it ☺️ yeah they come up over the weekend 😄! Aw bless, hope one comes up for you soon, I got really lucky as I was looking on the off chance ☺️🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
So after a year out of lessons due to my health, I'm now back at driving lessons. I had my first lesson today and it was with a new instructor. I made a thread like this last year when I first started and thought I'd make another :colondollar:

I think back then, gears were my biggest hurdle. Now its definitely the clutch and acceleration. I either don't rev enough or I don't lift the clutch up in time or all that jazz. Stalled 3 times today and all at busy junctions :colondollar: after a year out though, I was expecting it. Not a lover of reversing either. I can reverse perfectly in a straight line but that's it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i learnt how to drive within 10 hours of learning. passed third time and HAD THE SAME EXAMINER 3 TIMES.
Oh no :frown:! *hugs* that's gutting for you, what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by fkx
Oh no what happened? Was this your first test?

Screwed a parrael up, after just doing one perfectly on my lesson before. Then in the way back to the test centre, there's a big multi lane roundabout (which everyone has to do twice in their test). I had to go first exit so left hand lane, waited for it was clear (tool around a minute), and went. Major as he said a person coming from the right could change lanes suddenly and come off. My dad (who drives for a living), said if I had waited for that roundabout to be totally clear, I'd still be there! The examiner even said the majority of people do it.

For my actual driving I had no minors. One minor was for mucking up which is front and back demister (which sucks as I know exactly which one is which on my own car)
(edited 7 years ago)
Screwed a parrael up, after just doing one perfectly on my lesson before. Then in the way back to the test centre, there's a big multi lane roundabout (which everyone has to do twice in their test). I had to go first exit so left hand lane, waited for it was clear (tool around a minute), and went. Major as he said a person coming from the right could change lanes suddenly and come off. My dad (who drives for a living), said if I had waited for that roundabout to be totally clear, I'd still be there! The examiner even said the majority of people do it.

For my actual driving I had no minors. One minor was for mucking up which is front and back demister (which sucks as I know exactly which one is which on my own car)

Ah no, that's annoying :frown: that must've been so frustrating for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks 😄! Yeah got it today, a little while ago to be honest ☺️ I've text my instructor a little while ago to say I've changed it so praying he's ok with it ☺️ yeah they come up over the weekend 😄! Aw bless, hope one comes up for you soon, I got really lucky as I was looking on the off chance ☺️🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that was lucky, chuffed for u! Hope I can get one too or the examiners boss comes back with one for me on Monday 😩😩
I'd have thought they wouldn't come up over the weekend 🤔 Better keep checking then lol... Did ur instructor not give u his ADI number? It stops u double booking them x
Aw that was lucky, chuffed for u! Hope I can get one too or the examiners boss comes back with one for me on Monday 😩😩
I'd have thought they wouldn't come up over the weekend 🤔 Better keep checking then lol... Did ur instructor not give u his ADI number? It stops u double booking them x

Thanks ☺️! Aw hopefully something comes up quickly for you, yeah they do☺️, it's probably worth you having a little look on the website to see if anyone has cancelled ☺️. Yeah he has 🙂 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah no, that's annoying :frown: that must've been so frustrating for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is :frown: but ah well. Just have to book again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending