The Student Room Group

Gcse work experience

IM IN YEAR 10 I NEED WORK EXPECIENCE any 1 know how to get 0ne
Reply 1
ask around some cafes, they are the best starting point. If they won't accept you - i know you're going to hate this - but try do some voluntary work for a bit, some people I know have done that and after a week the employer started paying them. Even if its to scrub some dishes or work on a til, it looks great on your CV to show you're dedicated
Reply 2
Go to a local shop/school/vets/nursery/hospital/ wherever you think you would enjoy working at and ask them if they offer work experience.

I did mine at Adidas Head Office in Stockport and it was an amazing 2 weeks and having work experience like this with a world known company helped me get a job with Sports Direct too
Try going to a place where you think you might have an interest in working or the field you want to work in when you're older as lots of employers prefer experience. You can ask anywhere you have an interest in and usually, they would accept, you should get a form from school that you can take with you to get them to fill out.
Reply 4
Original post by animal-lover
Try going to a place where you think you might have an interest in working or the field you want to work in when you're older as lots of employers prefer experience. You can ask anywhere you have an interest in and usually, they would accept, you should get a form from school that you can take with you to get them to fill out.

Yh i want to become an account so therefore where should i do work experience ?
Thks for the help anyway xD
Reply 5
Original post by AfcFob
Go to a local shop/school/vets/nursery/hospital/ wherever you think you would enjoy working at and ask them if they offer work experience.

I did mine at Adidas Head Office in Stockport and it was an amazing 2 weeks and having work experience like this with a world known company helped me get a job with Sports Direct too

AWW thts nice of them enjoy your life and thks for info!
Reply 6
Original post by thaliawaters
ask around some cafes, they are the best starting point. If they won't accept you - i know you're going to hate this - but try do some voluntary work for a bit, some people I know have done that and after a week the employer started paying them. Even if its to scrub some dishes or work on a til, it looks great on your CV to show you're dedicated

I wanna become an accountant xD
Original post by mayu123
Yh i want to become an account so therefore where should i do work experience ?
Thks for the help anyway xD

If there are any accountancy places in your area you could ask there? if not, you could always work in a bank as some accountants do work in banks so you would be half way there :smile:
Reply 8
If there are any accountancy places in your area you could ask there? if not, you could always work in a bank as some accountants do work in banks so you would be half way there :smile:

Wht do you mean by accountacy places ??xD:tongue:
Original post by mayu123
Wht do you mean by accountancy places ??xD:tongue:

If you know any accountants near you, maybe you could do work experience with them? Sorry, I'm not that great with accountancy :biggrin:
Reply 10
If you know any accountants near you, maybe you could do work experience with them? Sorry, I'm not that great with accountancy :biggrin:

Its alright but you think they will allow me to do work experience in a bank ?xD:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest