The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForeverFrench
I do my class notes then when I come to revising I condense my notes Down. 😀

Thanks so much :smile: So your not making revision notes as you go along? We've had basically no guidance haha
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
No no I'm doing A-level statistics 😊

You have three 1h30 minute A-level Statistics papers to do this summer! 😯
Original post by Enigmatically
So anyone got some challenging Maths homework I can do? Life without school is stultifying.

I got you bro.

Spoiler

Can you do the Z test? Whats A-level Statistics like, is it worth doing? My sixthform does it and I'm a bit tempted
Original post by Jakeprevita2000
You have three 1h30 minute A-level Statistics papers to do this summer! 😯

Seems like it I'm currently self-teaching Mann-Whitney U test, that was on last years unit 2 paper.

Original post by Enigmatically
Sorry about that. Usually when I see M1 Mechanics come to mind XD.

I'm doing M1 for the A-level Maths option :smile: Are you taking Further Maths?
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
You lucky thing, how have you not started yet?

Sixth Form is far more independent - teachers treat you more like adults, and w/ more respect.

Workload is a LOT bigger though.

This is very true. Now I can mess around with being told off!
Can you do the Z test? Whats A-level Statistics like, is it worth doing? My sixthform does it and I'm a bit tempted

Yup 20160910_183728.jpg
Yup 20160910_183728.jpg

Nice trackies b 😍😂 i dont understand the z test ive been trying to self teach 😱
Nice trackies b 😍😂 i dont understand the z test ive been trying to self teach 😱

My working desk is see-through 😲
Its just comparing the means of two populations and can be used if the data is normally distributed I think
- Introduce yourself
i'm charlotte! i'm 16, almost 17, and i just started sixth form. at gcse i achieved 6 A*'s, 2 A's and a B.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
i love crime shows, drag queens, watching video game streams, reading scandinavian crime novels and writing. i also love music, my favourite band being against me!
- What subjects are you planning to take?
i was initially studying media, law and performing arts. except i dropped performing arts straight after my first lesson, so i'm hoping i can substitute it for religious studies.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
media and religious studies have been my favourites since gcse.
- Your ideal future occupation?
i'd like to work in law since it's something i am incredibly interested in.
Original post by karmacrunch
Nice!! It's been okay so far! I have quite of homework to do, which I'm going to make sure I finish today so that I can make notes and try to do some questions tomorrow. How's sixth form you? :h:
Aw that's good!!!what are you doing?and I'm doing psychology biology chemistry and history.i really enjoy actually!!but may I ask how do you revise 😂I want to do mindmaps for chemistry but I don't know cos it's my comfort zone but what if there's too many I don't know!!
Original post by hamza772000
Oh, right, have you started learning any topics yet? :smile:

Yep. Just C1 this week. I have two teachers and they're going to branch out with the different topics. (:

I'm doing S1, S2 + D1 this year. What about you?

Original post by Gingerbread101
How have you all found your first week of Sixth Form? :excited:

:jumphug:

Original post by skhan99
Aw that's good!!!what are you doing?and I'm doing psychology biology chemistry and history.i really enjoy actually!!but may I ask how do you revise 😂I want to do mindmaps for chemistry but I don't know cos it's my comfort zone but what if there's too many I don't know!!

Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths + FM. That sounds great! What's psychology like by the way? (:
I have no idea. :lol: I'm kind scratching around at the moment. I think I'm going to continue using flashcards + making notes. Then I'll go over them again and again. + Do questions from the textbook. :facepalm:The mind-maps idea sounds good! You could try it out for a week and see how it goes? :h:
My working desk is see-through 😲
Its just comparing the means of two populations and can be used if the data is normally distributed I think

You genuinely didnt realise when you took the 'workie'? but you're bae theres note to worry about 💙
Yep. Just C1 this week. I have two teachers and they're going to branch out with the different topics. (:

Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths + FM. That sounds great! What's psychology like by the way? (:
I have no idea. :lol: I'm kind scratching around at the moment. I think I'm going to continue using flashcards + making notes. Then I'll go over them again and again. + Do questions from the textbook. :facepalm:The mind-maps idea sounds good! You could try it out for a week and see how it goes? :h:

Oh god 😂 And yeh I will thanks!!!and yeh psychology is sooo interesting!we have a geordie teacher and she's crazy which makes it even more great 😊And wow maths?!gosh I'd never how is it?!

Oh my gosh darling, long time no see! :hugs: how's things?
You genuinely didnt realise when you took the 'workie'? but you're bae theres note to worry about 💙

Kinda lol my workies tho 😶
Original post by hamza772000
Same :s-smilie: Physics and Computing :smile: Are u gonna take FM to A2?

how's computing? i did it for gcse but meeting deadlines was way too stressful for me to want to do it for a level
yup, my sixth form requires you to do four subjects at A2

I also have 2 teachers, one for the pure modules and one for the applied ones :smile:

Oh, ok :tongue: So for Maths and FM this year, I believe I'm doing C1, C2, S1, S2, D1, FP1 :smile:

Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
how's computing? i did it for gcse but meeting deadlines was way too stressful for me to want to do it for a level
yup, my sixth form requires you to do four subjects at A2
lol, I didn't even do it for GCSE, I swear there's sooo many programming geniuses in my class :s-smilie: :tongue: We've just looked at the different number types and how to solve logic questions :tongue:

Oh, cool, what was the other one you were doing again? Sorry I forgot :tongue:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Oh my gosh darling, long time no see! :hugs: how's things?

So how come you never call me Darling? :colonhash:
Original post by usycool1
So how come you never call me Darling? :colonhash:

I will call you darling from now on :kiss:

Latest