The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS/A2

I receieved my AS results in june and had a C in chemistry.
I had 64 ums in unit 1 and 63 ums but I need 70 ums to receive a B grade.
I want to get a B overall and think I will resit at least one of the exams. Should I resit both units or will this be too much in the sense of the workload?
Original post by lemonandlime1
I receieved my AS results in june and had a C in chemistry.
I had 64 ums in unit 1 and 63 ums but I need 70 ums to receive a B grade.
I want to get a B overall and think I will resit at least one of the exams. Should I resit both units or will this be too much in the sense of the workload?

Are you doing the new reformed Chemistry A-level?
Original post by Ze Witcher

Doesn't sound like it, I thought the new AS qualifications weren't based on UMS? I could be wrong :s
Original post by Ze Witcher

I'm doing the new spec of WJEC

btw if I did only resit the one exam, does anyone suggest which one would be better as I found unit 1 easier to learn however unit 2 overlaps with the a2 course so there is essentially less to learn
Original post by lemonandlime1
I'm doing the new spec of WJEC

btw if I did only resit the one exam, does anyone suggest which one would be better as I found unit 1 easier to learn however unit 2 overlaps with the a2 course so there is essentially less to learn

Speak to your tutor, I'm sure they know your academic capabilities best. Email them and ask them which option is best for you if you're not quite sure :smile: can't hurt to be a little curious.

Quick Reply

Latest