The Student Room Group

West Midlands Police Considers Allowing The Burka

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/09/british-police-force-says-it-may-allow-female-officers-to-wear-f/

A police force could become the first in the country to allow officers to wear the full-face veil after it launched a recruitment drive to increase diversity.
West Midlands Police said it has “no barriers” relating to the burka as they announced that they would discuss allowing the traditional Islamic dress to become part of a policewoman’s uniform.

Unbelievable.
What happened to the previous thread? Was it deleted?
Reply 2
Original post by RF_PineMarten
What happened to the previous thread? Was it deleted?

Twice my thread has vanished without explanation. Someone at TSR does not want this topic discussed, I don't know who and I don't know why. This post / thread will probably vanish soon, again, without explanation.
If you mean those burkas that cover the face, then I am against it. If you mean anything else (hijabs, ...), then I have no problem with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by s4b3rt00th
If you mean those burkas that cover the face, then I am against it. If you mean anything else (hijabs, ...), then I have no problem with it.

A burka is a burka, a hijab is a hijab, they are two completely different things (hijabs are already allowed).
As a muslim myself, and many others do agree, the burka should be banned. Hijab's are fine, but burka's no. We should be able to identify police by their face above anything moreso, and if nothing but there eyes are covered you risk loss of your rights
Reply 6
If someone approached me looking like the picture in the article claiming to be in the police I would be more inclined to run away than cooperate; it's unsettling in a public environment not to see someone's face. Especially for younger people or perhaps women travelling alone.

It's like saying "why not let all policemen wear balaclavas?"; it's intimidating and counterproductive to the intended function of the police. As the article said, if they have to cover up so men can't see their faces, then how on earth can they be expected to grapple with them and arrest them?
(edited 7 years ago)
I want to see my policewomen's faces thanks. Have nothing against the hijab, but it's a no from me regarding the burqa
Reply 9
Looks like someone is trying really hard not to be accused of Islamophobia.

In reality, a Muslimah who is so devout that they insist on covering their face in public is unlikely to be prepared (or allowed) to be alone with non mahram men.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
being a muslim i think thats wrong tbh. women should be able to wear what they like im not saying its wrong to wear the burqa but you have to be at a certain degree of Islamic practice to wear the burqa, so why would these women choose to work in a mixed gender field

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending