The Student Room Group

17 and diagnosed w polycystic ovarian disorder.

Just wondering who else has polycystic ovaries?

I'm 17 and have been recently told I have it- I basically have to lose weight before January because that's when my next appointment is.
I'm a size 10-12 (so not exactly overweight) but have been told to lose weight to reduce the high risks of heart disease?

Just any tips/routines you are doing right now would help so much, thanks in advance.:smile:
Reply 1
Anyone on here with polycystic ovaries?

I was diagnosed a few weeks back and I've been told to lose weight to reduce the high risks of heart disease- one of its symptoms.
I have until this January to lose weight, as that's when my next appointment is.
I'm a size 10-12 so, I'm not exactly over-weight or anything.
Can you let me know of any tips/routines you have that would help?

Thanks in advance.:smile:
My friend was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I would recommend a healthy diet and regular exercise such as a walking or jogging.
Reply 3
Aw, you have my sympathies.
Just do at least 30 minutes -1 hour of exercise per day, you could take part in a sport such as badminton/running etc.
Eat healthily- replace junk food with fruits and veg, but don't restrict yourself too much and make sure to not under-eat :smile:
clenbuterol
Reply 5
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
clenbuterol

I would advise against using clenbuterol as it elevates blood pressure which can increase the risk of heart attacks, I suggest that you should ask your doctor for tips/help.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone on here with polycystic ovaries?

I was diagnosed a few weeks back and I've been told to lose weight to reduce the high risks of heart disease- one of its symptoms.
I have until this January to lose weight, as that's when my next appointment is.
I'm a size 10-12 so, I'm not exactly over-weight or anything.
Can you let me know of any tips/routines you have that would help?

Thanks in advance.:smile:

Did your doctor not advise how to go about this? My friend has PCOD and she finds it really hard to lose weight. It sounds like you're a healthy weight anyway though :/ Slimming World or Weight Watchers, or exercise?
Hi OP my cousin was diagnosed with the condition too and was also encouraged to lose weight, eat a healthy diet and exercise. I didn't realise heart disease was a possible outcome of it isn't treated properly :/ because I don't think you meant symptom...
(edited 7 years ago)
you need to diet cuz the insulin stays in your bloddstream and will mean you are extremely prone to diabetes as well as putting on weight.
Reply 9
Original post by Little Popcorns

I didn't realise heart disease was a possible outcome of it isn't treated properly :/ because I don't think you meant symptom...

I thought OP just meant that there's a link between the two conditions, hence pre-emptively dealing with the risk of heart disease :smile:
Who's told you that you need to lose weight?!?

There is a statistical link with problems with your arteries, but it's independent of weight. Some things, like having periods, are linked with weight, but it sounds like you are in no way obese.
Hey guys, I've cleared this thread up now but please remember it's always better to report rule breaking posts than replying to them as it just causes the thread to go off topic and compounds the problem. OP, I'm going to merge your two threads on this now too so hopefully that will help :smile: Thanks!
Original post by p29
I would advise against using clenbuterol as it elevates blood pressure which can increase the risk of heart attacks, I suggest that you should ask your doctor for tips/help.

I know it's risky but desperate times call for desperate measures you know what I mean? And most of the bad cases you might hear about clen is from bodybuilders who take everything to the max so they take like 100mcg of clen a day when your only supposed to take like 20
Reply 13
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
I know it's risky but desperate times call for desperate measures you know what I mean? And most of the bad cases you might hear about clen is from bodybuilders who take everything to the max so they take like 100mcg of clen a day when your only supposed to take like 20

I understand that but if she is trying to reduce the risk of a heart attack then taking clen is a bad idea, I still strongly believe that she should consult a doctor before taking any weight loss medication
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering who else has polycystic ovaries?

I'm 17 and have been recently told I have it- I basically have to lose weight before January because that's when my next appointment is.
I'm a size 10-12 (so not exactly overweight) but have been told to lose weight to reduce the high risks of heart disease?

Just any tips/routines you are doing right now would help so much, thanks in advance.:smile:

I have pcos, I'm almost 19
You don't need to lose a ton of weight, they care that you have a healthy lifestyle that you can maintain and are at least trying to lose weight. even a few pounds is enough. sustainability is key.

The reason they want you to lose weight is because it helps control the symptoms but most importantly because it prevents your insulin sensitivity becoming actual diabetes

So start a sport that you like - doesn't have to be too intense but anything that you like! I run (not far or very fast but nonetheless regularly) which helps and am going to join more sports clubs when I go to uni in a few weeks

But honestly don't stress. there's no point trying to lose tons of weight if you get disheartened and put it all back on in 2 days
It's about making small changes

Quick Reply

Latest