The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Erm.. did I just completely mess up the Barclays app or do they not ask for CV/cover letter?
Original post by athrowaway
Erm.. did I just completely mess up the Barclays app or do they not ask for CV/cover letter?

Barclays have taken a one way ticket on the banter bus this year. They don't ask for a CV, cover letter or even what the size of your left testicles is. They wanted to remove bias from the early rounds so instead they replaced it with two banter filled 'business insights' rounds. Enjoy
Original post by alexjones1994
Barclays have taken a one way ticket on the banter bus this year. They don't ask for a CV, cover letter or even what the size of your left testicles is. They wanted to remove bias from the early rounds so instead they replaced it with two banter filled 'business insights' rounds. Enjoy

Sums it up nicely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mannheim_BSc
Summer IBD. About 6 days ago.

Jeez, you must have a killer CV.

wow, that's really quick to hear back. good luck!!
Original post by Commercial Paper
So if I want and can only do September, can I still apply or do you think I'd be forced into doing a joining date they want based on business demand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

would defo still apply if I was you...doubt they would force you to join feb when u still have uni and if your good enough they will defo want you.
Original post by stealth_writer
Have you heard back yet?

Yes, I've done logical and numerical. I'm still waiting to hear back after the numerical tho.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zzFishstick
Jeez, you must have a killer CV.

Would love to know more yeah.
is manheim super target ?
Original post by FiiL
I had 5 days to do the Barclays' business insight stage 1 and after 4 it said my time has expired?!

Does someone have the HR email address? Have been searching on their website but could not find it.

Same thing happened to me. Sent an email so will wait and see if I get a response.
Mannheim is not super-target. It has a very good reputation in Germany with all kinds of company presentations including Goldman. I have done an M&A Internship at a 1st Tier Bank and am currently doing my semester abroad at very reputable university.

How come this statement is so vague haha.. Where are you doing your semester abroad? Where did you do your internship? This is some interesting stuff

so, if we applied before you (i.e. in August) and still didn't get video interview, does that mean we are in rejection pile?

and is it for London or Frankfurt office?
anyone know the role of the corporate broker on an M&A deal?
Can you apply to spring weeks if you put on your application that you plan on doing a masters?
Original post by Flourish RY

M&A bankers are sort of corporate brokers in the sens that they sell and buy companies for other people. :redface:

Aren't corporate brokers more to do with ECM, they act as the middle man between companies and their shareholders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Aren't corporate brokers more to do with ECM, they act as the middle man between companies and their shareholders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

from what I understand they just provide updates to their corporate clients on investor views and market conditions.

mainly a UK thing, but the aim is to try to develop the relationship with the client

not sure whether its an ECM thing, at MS you get some bankers who work in UK coverage but at the same time act as corporate brokers
does someone know why the applications for bank of america merrill lynch are still closed?

How come? are you applying for this role?
Original post by oracle95
How come? are you applying for this role?

no, applying to ibd

some M&A deals out there that have corporate brokers on the deal, was just curious as to what they actually do to command a fee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending