The Student Room Group

Oxford Law students 2016/17?

Hi I was just wondering what everyone got in their ASs to secure a place in Law at Oxford. I got ABBC in my ASs and have done a lot of extra curricular activities. I want to find out if I actually have a chance at securing a place or should focus on looking elsewhere :smile: Thank you :smile:
I got AAAAB in my AS, but there are many other factors, such as LNAT and interview performance. It also depends on how well you do compared to your school average, as context is really important. With them, your extra-curriculars only really matter if they are academic, such as volunteering as a teaching assistant or something. I would say it is definitiely worth going for though! Good luck! :smile:
Hey,

If you're interested in reading about applying for Law, check out this blog post. It was written by a Magdalen Law student who doesn't have a traditional profile and goes into a lot of depth about the application!

Hope it helps :smile:

*https://carambalache.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/applying-to-oxford-law/
Reply 3
Original post by Katiilovex
I got AAAAB in my AS, but there are many other factors, such as LNAT and interview performance. It also depends on how well you do compared to your school average, as context is really important. With them, your extra-curriculars only really matter if they are academic, such as volunteering as a teaching assistant or something. I would say it is definitiely worth going for though! Good luck! :smile:

Even having volunteered as a teaching assistant is of no value except insofar as it demonstrates your interest in your subject (difficult with law, since you're not likely to be a teaching assistant in that while still at school), which is just as easily demonstrated in other ways.
Reply 4
Original post by such_a_lady
Hey,

If you're interested in reading about applying for Law, check out this blog post. It was written by a Magdalen Law student who doesn't have a traditional profile and goes into a lot of depth about the application!

Hope it helps :smile:

*https://carambalache.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/applying-to-oxford-law/

That's all really good advice; all Oxford law applicants should read that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending