The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
I read this in a Scottish accent :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM

Yay :h:

I always assumed you were Scottish because of your username though :laugh: or does UWS stand for something other than University of West Scotland? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like **** again!
So normal tbh.
Life sucks at times! :cry2: x 4582
Reply 8042
Original post by Spock's Socks
PRSOM

Yay :h:

I always assumed you were Scottish because of your username though :laugh: or does UWS stand for something other than University of West Scotland? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not Scottish but I can do an okay Scottish accent, but I'm the only one who thinks this :colonhash: I was born in England so we're from the same island ha

Well when I made this account, it meant to stand for "United We Stand" and it was only last year that I found out that it stood for University of West Scotland... Which was kinda weird because I'd see my name pop up every now and then and I thought they were talking about me :lol:

What's the history behind your username then? :h:
Original post by UWS
I'm not Scottish but I can do an okay Scottish accent, but I'm the only one who thinks this :colonhash: I was born in England so we're from the same island ha

Well when I made this account, it meant to stand for "United We Stand" and it was only last year that I found out that it stood for University of West Scotland... Which was kinda weird because I'd see my name pop up every now and then and I thought they were talking about me :lol:

What's the history behind your username then? :h:

Next time there is a 'record your voice' thread, do a Scottish accent and I'll be the judge :laugh:

Lol I just assumed you were a student at UWS :colondollar: one of their campus sites is in my hometown so I see your username everywhere :laugh:

No interesting story behind my username sadly :tongue: my original username was my real name so I was allowed to change it and I'm a Trekkie so thought I'd go for a Trekkie themed name :tongue: no regrets on the new name :laugh: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8044
Original post by Spock's Socks
Next time there is a 'record your voice' thread, do a Scottish accent and I'll be the judge :laugh:

Lol I just assumed you were a student at UWS :colondollar: one of their campus sites is in my hometown so I see your username everywhere :laugh:

No interesting story behind my username sadly :tongue: my original username was my real name so I was allowed to change it and I'm a Trekkie so thought I'd go for a Trekkie themed name :tongue: no regrets on the new name :laugh: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not a fair judge, I can't do it perfectly :tongue:

Oh no, I've never even been to Scotland :lol:

A Star Trek fan! I like the films but I'm not much of a fan unfortunately :frown: Spock's Socks sounds cute though!!
i don't want to cry but now i really can't stop myself from talking to my high school BFF :cry2:
since the sixth form started she hasn't talked to me :puppyeyes: and didn't even accepted my friend request on FB
i always approach her and try to talk to her but she doesn't seem to show any interest in me :sad:
it's really breaking me inside because when i joined high school, she was my first friend.... :cute: but i am too scared to ask her what happened and why her behaviour has changed towards me :redface:
i think i am gonna give her Birthday present and i'll write everything on a birthday card and see what she'll say :erm: but reallly noooo i dont want to lose her
LIKE NOOOOOOOOO :bawling:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well it meant a lot to me to be able to meet you and it's a rare experience to able to hang out with someone so that's why it goes above F1! It was a great thing for me!
Indeed :erm:
So much trueness :cube: (and hurt when one found out about it)
No slaps! Nah I won't! Except me of course :yep:
I've lost all hope after 8 rejections and getting out there without being made a fool of isn't possible.
Well I'm screwed then! #ForeverAloneIsFreezer!

haha its ok :jumphug:
aww :h:
:cube:
:I
noo!
goodnight btw !
Slowly but surely realising that I need to be rid of disgustingly ungrateful friends who obviously undervalue and exploit my friendship. I always brush it off and give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't want to do that anymore - because I know I am worth more than that. 2016 is the year of burning bridges. :u:
why does nothing help.
ive tried so many things and talked to so many ppl but talking just exhausts me more especially inrl and im scared of saying too much accidentally in case they try to like meh.

i just idk

how are u meant to say some things and nothing helps bc i dont think the thing im worrying about is acc real and therefore cant be solved.
just anxiety over nothing bc there is nothing to stress about but im still stressed and if im alive in 32 weeks i will be most surprised.

meh meh meh

night cba
Reply 8049
Exhausted from trying to get over someone! Lol :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Slowly but surely realising that I need to be rid of disgustingly ungrateful friends who obviously undervalue and exploit my friendship. I always brush it off and give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't want to do that anymore - because I know I am worth more than that. 2016 is the year of burning bridges. :u:

You go, girl!
good
Like i could punch the hell out off something
:tongue: I'm a total failure
Meh :cry2: x infinity

No you're not! :no:

:hugs: x infinity
Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot I was French.:K::france:

This whole time man thought man was Moroccan.

Turns out my dad was French, but he abandoned me as a child, so it's weird to be getting letters from the French Embassy to volunteer with the French Army.

But man's Moroccan, Man's African!!!:eyeball:

Now the French want to recruit man into the army,will have man eating snails and frog legs.
I know the feel

Hang in there, it could be worse

Ok get rdy for some tough love firefreeze. I see youve posted at least one of these before so I want you to think about this logically. :console:

Im not sure what youve just been through so may be my advice is out of place and insensitive but ppl will see you (and by extension how you feel about yourself) depends on how you see yourself.

If you think youre a total failure, you could actually start to be one, self fulfilling prophecy and all that :tongue:

SO DONT THINK YOURE A FAILURE.

Quick question, tell me someone who has a perfect life? The celebs? no way, behind the media they have tons of issues, least of all privacy and stuff. The popular guy/girl in your year? defo not, they have the biggest insecurities probably being in that position. Robert downey jr? ok hes pretty ****ing awesome but still, he was on drugs when he was youjng

What Im trying to say from that massive tangent is that life is full of fails and success. Focus on the success my friend, and youll pull thorugh just fine!

Original post by chasmiths
Thank you ^_^ Felt sick yesterday due to nerves I think, unfortunately feel sick again today as I had Chinese and was a tad generous with my portion size :tongue: your about me is amazing haha - you were not lying about the gifs :laugh:
Good morning Charlotte :hat2:I feel nauseous on long plane trips personally (like HK this summer) do you fly often? :tongue:Ah what were the nerves due to then 2 days ago? Guitar exam? :holmes:Mmm chinese food is very good tho so I dont blame you (my mum cooks it every night :lol:) And thank you, your about me is great too:

Spoiler

If shes an ex then god damn stop

If shes someone who isnt interested at the same romantic lvl as you are ....then stop

If the indicators are mixed and you're unsure what stage you are at...resolve it by reading her future reply carefully and dont be hasty

In the meantime, find some ppl to talk to apart from her and have a drink or something :holmes:
I feel so rude right now. I've just started school again and my form group consists of people i know and are friends with. My tutor is my subject teacher that i know and we have banter in class. In front of the class he teases me and i do too and its all funny and chilled. The whole class has never had him before and just watch and listen and its kind of awkward but its okay. But the problem is whenever he says my name to tell me something ( i sit at the back and so everyone listens out etc) i always reply with 'what?' I dont mean to but im used to saying it to my friends and siblings etc so when i reply saying what i can tell i come across as disrespectful and rude like some people in my class just look at me and my tutor looks sort of taken aback but ignores it and continues with the question. I honestly didnt notice at first but now i realise how rude it sounded like a few days ago when he asked each of us questions everyone replied with yeah? And i just naturally said 'what?'. It sounds so rude but i dont mean it to and am so embarrassed but it just comes out and by the time i say it i regret it and even try to balance my tone by laughing and joking but i feel bad still. I dont wanna apologise cos maybe my tutor doesnt take it seriously and it will make things awkward but idk
Original post by Matrix123
No you're not! :no:

:hugs: x infinity
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am though :frown:

Thankyou :hugs:

Just found out that im going out today for most of it :angry:
Not impressed! Apologies that i wont be with you like i said i would. Just been shouted at for not knowing we were going out so yeah :frown:
Therefore i wont be with you until later and my ocd will be sky high too im afraid. But ill try to be happy.
And you still up for the chess place later?

Latest