The Student Room Group

Can I add a former teacher as a friend on Facebook?

My year 10 biology teacher left her teaching job in my school earlier this year and left for another school. Since she has gone, can I add her as a friend on Facebook as she no longer teaches in my school?
Original post by adz234
My year 10 biology teacher left her teaching job in my school earlier this year and left for another school. Since she has gone, can I add her as a friend on Facebook as she no longer teaches in my school?

You could try ,but she would most likely decline the request as it is unprofessional and frowned upon. Best thing would be to email her.

Are you trying to pull?
your teacher is not your mate. it is easy for serious problems to arise if the distinction is blurred.
Reply 3
Legally you can, I know people who did it after some teachers left my old school. It is a bit weird though, imo.
Original post by adz234

Yup, I have a geography teacher on snapchat
And a science teacher on insta and snapchat

Both from last year....
(As friends)
:biggrin:
She might think you're a bit young buddy...
Yes you can if you get her permission. She might not wish to share her private life with you though, so you should respect that. Presumably you got on well with her, so no harm in asking.
Reply 7
When I left school, I created a FB account and a few weeks later sent my former drama teacher a friends request - told me she doesnt accept friends requests from anyone she knew from school, fair enough.

Except she later added one of my former classmates to her FB. :unimpressed:
the rule at my high school was no until you turn 18 but it depends on what she's comfortable with and why you want to contact her
Reply 9
Original post by lostintrnslation
the rule at my high school was no until you turn 18 but it depends on what she's comfortable with and why you want to contact her

That to me sounds like an extremely fair compromise! :yep: All schools should have that rule!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending