The Student Room Group

I'm an Israeli soldier. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Now I've always supported the Arabs so I think the Palestinian women need to do the same

#Strip4Gaza
#TitsOut4Hamas
Bless :smile:
Original post by L'absurde
All those 18 year olds in one place...what's the atmosphere like? Any tension? :sexface:

Spoiler

There's a very family-like bond between everyone in my unit, we (mostly) care about each other very much. We always have plenty of bonding time going out on training exercises and just doing general army stuff - great times!

Spoiler

Original post by JamesN88
Are you from Tel Aviv? :biggrin:

It would certainly be an odd coincidence if I was :wink:

Original post by remiremi
Where do you plan to go on holiday after your service?

Also how can I get an Israeli gf, the hottest chick I ever met was in a hostel in Japan, she was a really cute IDF chick that could probably kill me in hand to hand combat though.

I am in the army for 3 years... So haven't really thought about holidays yet. During my leave though, I think I would like to go to Russia (family there) or United States!
Israeli gf is difficult because many won't want to marry a non-Jew, but I think visiting or working in Israel for an extended period of time would likely give you a very high chance of scroing
Hiiiii soldier!!! What's your name :smile:

Do you even lift bro ?

I bet I can bench press you x
Do you think Palestine should have a right to independence if its what the people want?

Witnessed anything unethical? You hear about shutting off water supplies to (West Bank I think?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
#FreePalestine

the only people that like israel are crazy american christians, and that's for all the wrong reasons
Reply 26
What do you think about Israeli women being conscripted?

Does a lot of abuse take place in the Israeli army, i.e. sexual abuse? Ive read it does a lot in the Russian Army.

Do you eat lamb?

Do your duties include border protection?
Original post by TSR Mustafa

Krav Maga looks awesome
krav maga is such an israeli thing - using dirty tactics to great effect
Original post by Anonymous
There's a very family-like bond between everyone in my unit, we (mostly) care about each other very much. We always have plenty of bonding time going out on training exercises and just doing general army stuff - great times!

Spoiler

No sexual tension then? :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Not a question, but I wanna be you!!! (As in an Israeli soldier) :smile:

Which unit are you in?

Thank you for your support! Should make aliyah one day!
For security reasons, I can't say exactly which unit I'm in - although I can say that it is mixed gender and combat

Original post by TSR Mustafa

babe it's been too long :love::love::love:

Original post by PrincessZara
Hiiiii soldier!!! What's your name :smile:
Do you even lift bro ?
I bet I can bench press you x

My name is H***** (keeping secret)
I do an extensive workout every morning that includes weights :smile:
So no, you probably can't bench press me :wink:

Original post by That Bearded Man
Do you think Palestine should have a right to independence if its what the people want?

Witnessed anything unethical? You hear about shutting off water supplies to (West Bank I think?)

It's annoying because my main has all of my views on Israel/Palestine already posted, but;
I support the Palestinian's right to their own state, but only one that would not be committed to killing Jews and destroying Israel (as Hamas currently is). I think it's unfortunate that there is so much conflict between our groups and I understand the Palestinians have legitimate grievances against us - but their successive governments have only hindered their route to peace. The PA have actually been offered their own state by the Israeli government in previous years that would include all of Gaza and about 98% of the West Bank, but this was refused because it wouldn't allow for displaced Palestinians to claim compensation back against Israel. Very sad!

In regards to unethical behaviour, I can't really give a wholesome answer since my unit doesn't operate in the West Bank. I personally have only ever seen polite behaviour from the IDF towards Arab citizens though. We're even doing special work to accommodate the Day of Arafah later!
(The water supply thing was a system disruption that affected both Jews and Palestinians. Definitely not intentional despite what some media says.

Original post by BBC Two
What do you think about Israeli women being conscripted?

Does a lot of abuse take place in the Israeli army, i.e. sexual abuse? Ive read it does a lot in the Russian Army.

Do you eat lamb?

Do your duties include border protection?

I support gender equality, so I think it would be unfair to only conscript men. Besides, jihadists are terrified of getting killed by a woman because they won't get their 72 virgins :laugh:

There are very stringent checks to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. I'm in one of the few mixed units in the army and have never felt sexually harassed. Barracks and personal facilities are kept separate anyway

Yes, I eat non-kosher food

No, I have quite a unique role (although it does include working with Border Police occasionally)

Sorry that I take so long to reply - I only have my phone to write on!
Original post by malebo55
#FreePalestine

the only people that like israel are crazy american christians, and that's for all the wrong reasons

and young teenage white boys because army babes

that's definitely a right reason :wink:
and young teenage white boys because army babes

that's definitely a right reason :wink:

what happens if you refuse to do conscription?
Original post by malebo55
what happens if you refuse to do conscription?

It depends on a lot of factors - mostly relating to their reason for refusal.

Sometimes people are jailed if it's part of a political action, but it's very uncommon and most people will have an acceptable reason for exemption.

It is mostly mental and physical weakness that will get someone out of army duty!
Do Israel have any future plans to build on the temple mount? (Bit of a conspiracy question but why not? :tongue:)
It depends on a lot of factors - mostly relating to their reason for refusal.

Sometimes people are jailed if it's part of a political action, but it's very uncommon and most people will have an acceptable reason for exemption.

It is mostly mental and physical weakness that will get someone out of army duty!

What if you just don't want to, and don't really have a reason?

Do you think Israel will still need conscription in the future as its relations with its neighbours continue to improve (Turkey/Saudi/etc)?
Posted in relationships because so not a direct link to my main account (even though many can probably guess who this is)

Spoiler

Hot :smile:

Are you a guy or girl? Are you in the army as a professional soldier or are you doing your national service?
Original post by champ_mc99
Do Israel have any future plans to build on the temple mount? (Bit of a conspiracy question but why not? :tongue:)

Of course they don't. That's a bigoted conspiracy theory pushed by Islamic fanatics who know that such claims are likely to stir up hatred against Israel by people who are already inclined to believe the worst no matter what.

After the '67 war Israel could have simply bulldozed the mosque and taken it back. It didn't; in fact, it put the Temple Mount under the control of the Islamic waqf, and ever since Israeli police have kept Jews and others out much of the year, at the behest of the Islamic clerics who control the area.

If Israel wanted to build on the Temple Mount, it would hardly have done all that, would it?
Original post by Cumshot Caliph
Do you release those sexy pics intentionally to get thirsty American frat boys on side?

What sexy pic? What have I missed? :frown:
Thank you for your support! Should make aliyah one day!
For security reasons, I can't say exactly which unit I'm in - although I can say that it is mixed gender and combat

My name is H***** (keeping secret)
I do an extensive workout every morning that includes weights :smile:
So no, you probably can't bench press me :wink:

It's annoying because my main has all of my views on Israel/Palestine already posted, but;
I support the Palestinian's right to their own state, but only one that would not be committed to killing Jews and destroying Israel (as Hamas currently is). I think it's unfortunate that there is so much conflict between our groups and I understand the Palestinians have legitimate grievances against us - but their successive governments have only hindered their route to peace. The PA have actually been offered their own state by the Israeli government in previous years that would include all of Gaza and about 98% of the West Bank, but this was refused because it wouldn't allow for displaced Palestinians to claim compensation back against Israel. Very sad!

In regards to unethical behaviour, I can't really give a wholesome answer since my unit doesn't operate in the West Bank. I personally have only ever seen polite behaviour from the IDF towards Arab citizens though. We're even doing special work to accommodate the Day of Arafah later!
(The water supply thing was a system disruption that affected both Jews and Palestinians. Definitely not intentional despite what some media says.

I support gender equality, so I think it would be unfair to only conscript men. Besides, jihadists are terrified of getting killed by a woman because they won't get their 72 virgins :laugh:

There are very stringent checks to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. I'm in one of the few mixed units in the army and have never felt sexually harassed. Barracks and personal facilities are kept separate anyway

Yes, I eat non-kosher food

No, I have quite a unique role (although it does include working with Border Police occasionally)

Sorry that I take so long to reply - I only have my phone to write on!

Not sure how to respond erm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending