The Student Room Group

Further Maths AS

I have taken 4 subjects for A levels, including Further maths. Since all A levels have become linear, i know it will be very difficult for me to continue with 4 in my second year. Is it possible to do Further Maths at AS level? And will I get any UCAS points or is it not going to count as anything?

If it doesn't count as anything then i might drop the subject. However if I can do it at AS level and gain UCAS points, can i find a centre (as my school does not offer AS anymore) and do it as an external exam?

Please help, Im so confused!
Original post by Zuzy
I have taken 4 subjects for A levels, including Further maths. Since all A levels have become linear, i know it will be very difficult for me to continue with 4 in my second year. Is it possible to do Further Maths at AS level? And will I get any UCAS points or is it not going to count as anything?

If it doesn't count as anything then i might drop the subject. However if I can do it at AS level and gain UCAS points, can i find a centre (as my school does not offer AS anymore) and do it as an external exam?

Please help, Im so confused!

You can do any subject at AS level and have it count, it'd only not count if the subject is linear and you sat the A2 exams. Hope that makes sense, I know the changes are confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest