The Student Room Group

A-levels help for university application

I am in year 13 now. I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Biology. I took the AS and A2 exams for Maths and Further Maths in one year, year 12. I did good in some modules and bad in others. However, my school did not cash in the results so I never received actual qualifications for the A-levels. I am definitely working for a good grade for the Cambridge University pre-interview assessment. My problem is what do I have to do now to actually get offers from university. Do I take an additional A-level to broaden my application and what would be the best subject to take? Im considering of studying General Engineering.
Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by YamJonas
I am in year 13 now. I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Biology. I took the AS and A2 exams for Maths and Further Maths in one year, year 12. I did good in some modules and bad in others. However, my school did not cash in the results so I never received actual qualifications for the A-levels. I am definitely working for a good grade for the Cambridge University pre-interview assessment. My problem is what do I have to do now to actually get offers from university. Do I take an additional A-level to broaden my application and what would be the best subject to take? Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Which course are you considering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Which course are you considering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

General Engineering
Reply 3
Original post by YamJonas
General Engineering

So you don't need any other A-levels. If you have questions about applying to Cambridge specifically i suggest you post in this thread... (And include full details of your Maths and FM module UMSs)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4300314
Ask Peterhouse - 2017 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
So you don't need any other A-levels. If you have questions about applying to Cambridge specifically i suggest you post in this thread... (And include full details of your Maths and FM module UMSs)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4300314
Ask Peterhouse - 2017 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending