The Student Room Group

If a girl wore dungarees on a first date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
Women should have 3 items to wear on her lower half..

1) Dresses

2) Skirts (not denim, the other type looks better)

3) Tight black leggings/tights

Nothing else is needed really.

Shorts are like jeans, not unattractive but always inferior options to the above.

4) Whatever they want to wear
What would you think if the guy turned up in dungarees?
Oh for God's sake - just wear what you want. If they are comfortable, look good, and are appropriate for where you're going - wear them. If they guy doesn't approve - he can go **** himself. You weren't born to please men.
Original post by simbasdragon
4) Whatever they want to wear

This.
If girl super hot, then makes no difference.
If girl super confident, then makes less difference.
If girl mechanic, then just practical.
If girl wants to be looking her best, then not a good look. Also sounds quite lazy.

What do you want your date to think?
It really all depends on how much you like the person you're going out on a first date with. If you know you really like them, then maybe make a bit of an effort? I'm not saying go crazy with makeup and things, but like a top & skirt is just fine. Jeans are cool too with a cute top.

You also have to ask yourself how much of yourself and your personality you want to show on your first date. If you love dungarees & feel most comfortable wearing them, then maybe it's a good idea to wear them on your first date. If the person doesn't like it and makes a negative comment about them, then you probably shouldn't go out with them. Remember, they're supposed to like you for you :smile:

Hope this helps!
Couldn't agree more. girl you wear what you want; if you feel comfortable in them you'll feel more confident too. Good luck for your date - if the person doesn't like what you're wearing then they're not worth your time!
I don't want to look like a farmer or mechanic or little child though :frown: but wouldn't a skirt and top look too dressy? :frown:
Dungarees do not look attractive on girls, things like what Rakas21 said look much better.

To all the people saying "you don't have to look attractive for men": true, but if she's going on a date then isn't that the general idea? If you want the date to be successful then both the man and the woman have to be attractive to each other lol
It's not really a good look imo
Original post by JRKinder
Dungarees do not look attractive on girls, things like what Rakas21 said look much better.

To all the people saying "you don't have to look attractive for men": true, but if she's going on a date then isn't that the general idea? If you want the date to be successful then both the man and the woman have to be attractive to each other lol

Omg, this! (Would rep if I could :mmm: )
The idea that "Oh you shouldn't care blah blah blah" is just dumb. First impressions are important and you should put some effort into your look.

And OP, depends on the weather really. Dunno how rainy it will be, or if it'll be super hot...
I've no clue what you have in your wardrobe either. Hmm...maybe a dress + tights, that's your safest bet. I personally like high-waisted trousers and a nice top to go with it. If you're walking around then get some comfy (but nice looking) pair of shoes. I guess you should also allow your outfit to showcase your personality a bit.
Reply 31
Can be cute and if your boobs bulge at the side
Reply 32
Original post by ivybridge
Oh for God's sake - just wear what you want. If they are comfortable, look good, and are appropriate for where you're going - wear them. If they guy doesn't approve - he can go **** himself. You weren't born to please men.

First dates are about making a good impression, though, whatever gender you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
First dates are about making a good impression, though, whatever gender you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, within the boundaries of being yourself. You don't change for a first date. Otherwise the person doesn't know what they're getting.

No? It's about finding a guy/girl right for you. They shouldn't have to change to suit you.
No? It's about finding a guy/girl right for you. They shouldn't have to change to suit you.
Yes, obviously you have to find someone that's right for you. But if they wear something that is unattractive, it's going to be counterproductive to that, don't you think? :u:
Yes, obviously you have to find someone that's right for you. But if they wear something that is unattractive, it's going to be counterproductive to that, don't you think? :u:

No? Because what is attractive and what's not is subjective. I personally think dungarees look awesome. It depends on the individual. Some can pull it off and some can't. A lot of girls don't like dresses, don't like heels. We shouldn't tell them to wear them if they don't like them.
No? Because what is attractive and what's not is subjective. I personally think dungarees look awesome. It depends on the individual. Some can pull it off and some can't. A lot of girls don't like dresses, don't like heels. We shouldn't tell them to wear them if they don't like them.
Well as this thread has established, it appears the majority of men prefer dresses/skirts etc. to dungarees. To me dungarees just look like you couldn't be bothered to dress up for the date and aren't feminine enough. Particularly as this is a first date, it'd be a huge turn-off.

You are right in that attractiveness is subjective, but you can aim for what the majority want. People don't wear dungarees to fancy parties, and since a first date is the only opportunity to make a good first impression it's vital that you come across as caring about the date and your appearance if you the date to succeed. If you find dungarees appropriate, then good for you, but most people don't.
I think people in here are being a bit harsh, haha. Wear something you like that you feel comfortable in! If in doubt go for a sort of smart casual look. If it was me I'd probably wear a skirt and t-shirt that I liked, but smart jeans and a nice t-shirt would honestly do just as well. And if you really like the dungarees they're probably fine too! It's all a matter of taste. :smile:
Well as this thread has established, it appears the majority of men prefer dresses/skirts etc. to dungarees. To me dungarees just look like you couldn't be bothered to dress up for the date and aren't feminine enough. Particularly as this is a first date, it'd be a huge turn-off.

You are right in that attractiveness is subjective, but you can aim for what the majority want. People don't wear dungarees to fancy parties, and since a first date is the only opportunity to make a good first impression it's vital that you come across as caring about the date and your appearance if you the date to succeed. If you find dungarees appropriate, then good for you, but most people don't.

So when would it be appropriate for me to wear dungarees when it comes to going out with a guy? I really like wearing my dungarees...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending