The Student Room Group

If a girl wore dungarees on a first date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blimey1000
A classy dress with heels.

What if she doesn't tend to wear dresses and all that, you can get decent long tops that go with leggings wouldn't this be appropriate as long as she was smart.
Deffo, as much as i ove them, would not wear my dungarees on a first date

Flats and a nice top a my jeans would be fine i think
I don't pay attention to clothes that much.
I don't even know what dungarees are lol
Reply 44
Original post by ivybridge
No, I'm sorry - why should anybody aim for what "the majority want"? They should aim for what they want. They are buying the clothes. They are wearing them. It's their choice. And don't say the majority like a TSR thread gives you any kind of indicator what the majority of Britain views as attractive in female fashion.

Who said the OP was goong to a "fancy" event? She clearly stated that a dress and heels are inappropriate. Stop acting like women were born to do what you want, look how you want, and please you. Get ****ed.

Why are you always so touchy?
i honestly love the way dungarees look and if you're gonna be doing a lot walking you need to been comfortable. if you feel good in them you should wear them. I'm sure you wont look like a mechanic or hillbilly as some of these people are saying.
No, I'm sorry - why should anybody aim for what "the majority want"? They should aim for what they want. They are buying the clothes. They are wearing them. It's their choice. And don't say the majority like a TSR thread gives you any kind of indicator what the majority of Britain views as attractive in female fashion.

Who said the OP was goong to a "fancy" event? She clearly stated that a dress and heels are inappropriate. Stop acting like women were born to do what you want, look how you want, and please you. Get ****ed.

Reported
Original post by Ladbants
Reported

What happened to free speech? You can't report someone just because you don't agree with what they're saying. I made this thread to get oponions, good or bad, on me wearing dungarees to my first date

Dude chill out, get off your high horse. The point I was making was she is going on a date, and presumably wants it to be a successful date. Looking attractive (and I already said both people, not just the woman obviously) increases the odds that the date will be successful. Therefore wearing clothing that the majority of people find attractive further increases the odds of a successful date. If you want to wear whatever you want - fine - but don't be surprised if the date isn't successful. All you are trying to do is maximise the probability of a successful date, so doing things that increase your chances of success are in your interest. I'm just looking at this scientifically, calm the f*ck down I'm not attacking anyone.

I never said she was going to a 'fancy' event, I meant dungarees are not appropriate at such events which is an indicator of when and where they shouldn't be used. The fact that they aren't used at such events is indicative that they aren't viewed as good clothing to make a first impression with, as people principally dress up well to such events in order to look 'good' in front of other people. Science, not emotions.

And given that TSR can provide a cross section of males in a similar age band to give their opinions on dungarees, it's a decent indicator of what the man she is going on a date will think. I've already said that not all will agree (as you clearly don't), but the majority seem to dislike them so listening is a good way of maximising your odds of a successful date.

It's impossible to talk with you sometimes because you convince yourself that everyone is attacking your opinions, just calm down seriously.
(edited 7 years ago)
In French, dungaree is "salopette"
I wonder if what she wears actually refers to her sexual exploits?
Original post by Anonymous
So when would it be appropriate for me to wear dungarees when it comes to going out with a guy? I really like wearing my dungarees...
Personally I don't like them full-stop, but I'd never wear them if you were going out for a meal or anything. What exactly is it you'll be doing? Perhaps if you were walking around a lot then they'd be appropriate, but I'd still leave it a bit of time before doing so when you're more comfortable with each other.
Reported

Original post by squish562
Looks like the ****** SJW is triggered again haha

? SJW? 😂

No, I just think people should be treated like people. Girls aren't dollies for boys to play with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JRKinder
Dude chill out, get off your high horse. The point I was making was she is going on a date, and presumably wants it to be a successful date. Looking attractive (and I already said both people, not just the woman obviously) increases the odds that the date will be successful. Therefore wearing clothing that the majority of people find attractive further increases the odds of a successful date. If you want to wear whatever you want - fine - but don't be surprised if the date isn't successful. All you are trying to do is maximise the probability of a successful date, so doing things that increase your chances of success are in your interest. I'm just looking at this scientifically, calm the f*ck down I'm not attacking anyone.

I never said she was going to a 'fancy' event, I meant dungarees are not appropriate at such events which is an indicator of when and where they shouldn't be used. The fact that they aren't used at such events is indicative that they aren't viewed as good clothing to make a first impression with, as people principally dress up well to such events in order to look 'good' in front of other people. Science, not emotions.

And given that TSR can provide a cross section of males in a similar age band to give their opinions on dungarees, it's a decent indicator of what the man she is going on a date will think. I've already said that not all will agree (as you clearly don't), but the majority seem to dislike them so listening is a good way of maximising your odds of a successful date.

It's impossible to talk with you sometimes becaus you convince yourself that everyone is attacking your opinions, just calm down seriously.

He's just triggered don't worry.
? SJW? 😂

No, I just think people should be treated like people. Girls and dollies for boys to play with.

Men and women should dress professionally on dates. Dungarees aren't professional. It's like a guy wearing a tracksuit to a date LOOOL
Reply 54
Original post by Rakas21
Women should have 3 items to wear on her lower half..

1) Dresses

2) Skirts (not denim, the other type looks better)

3) Tight black leggings/tights

Nothing else is needed really.

Shorts are like jeans, not unattractive but always inferior options to the above.

Or:

Women (and men!) should wear whatever they want, as long as it's 'appropriate' :h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h:
Reply 55
Girl you wear your dungarees!!
Reply 56
I didn't realise they were still a thing:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
? SJW? 😂

No, I just think people should be treated like people. Girls and dollies for boys to play with.

Sorry man, I apologise for what I said
Original post by RobML
Why are you always so touchy?

Passionate about standing up when I think things are wrong.

Reported

Oh, whinge whinge whinge.

Original post by squish562
Men and women should dress professionally on dates. Dungarees aren't professional. It's like a guy wearing a tracksuit to a date LOOOL

No, men and women should dress appropriately for the place.

And no, a girl turning up in trackies is like a boy turning up in trackies.
Passionate about standing up when I think things are wrong.

Oh, whinge whinge whinge.

No, men and women should dress appropriately for the place.

And no, a girl turning up in trackies is like a boy turning up in trackies.

And dungarees aren't appropriate/professional enough for a date...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending