X dy/dx +(1-y^2)=0

This is what I have done so far but the answer is
image.jpg
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Is that (1-y^2) y to the power of -2?
Reply 2
Think i just broke my neck trying to read the question...
Original post by 130398
Is that (1-y^2) y to the power of -2?

No it's (1-y^2)
Ahhh sorry will just fix that now
Original post by solC
Think i just broke my neck trying to read the question...
Reply 5
Original post by josephinemar25
No it's (1-y^2)

Sorry, your picture didn't load for me for some reason
Reply 6
Ahhh sorry will just fix that now

It's ok I think I can do the full 360 now:eek3:
Can you see it now???
Original post by 130398
Sorry, your picture didn't load for me for some reason
Reply 8
Can you see it now???

Yeah. What book are you using? Might there be a mistake in the answers or something like that? I found at least 10 mistakes in the answers for the Edexcel FP2 book
Original post by 130398
Yeah. What book are you using? Might there be a mistake in the answers or something like that? I found at least 10 mistakes in the answers for the Edexcel FP2 book

It's not a book just a worksheet with answers given to me from uni for some summer maths work. Starting first year uni in a few weeks time. Do you think it's a mistake then??
Reply 10
It's not a book just a worksheet with answers given to me from uni for some summer maths work. Starting first year uni in a few weeks time. Do you think it's a mistake then??

Well, your steps seem correct to me, I haven't done much maths over the summer but going over your working I can't fault it. Maybe I'm tired or maybe you didn't copy the question correctly but otherwise it seems like their answer is wrong.
Reply 11

You have done everything corect so far, you just need to make y the subject :smile:
Original post by Aph
You have done everything corect so far, you just need to make y the subject :smile:

Great thanks for all the help much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Quick Reply