The Student Room Group

Medify Mock Results not that great

Hey, I have my UKCAT in 5 days and I'm currently pretty worried. Did my first mock on medify, mock 2 and only got vr:500,qr:650,ar:570. I'm currently panicking as I thought I was doing ok but the mock was difficult as I didn't really finish qr or vr due to timing. Just wanted to know whether the ukcat medify mocks are a good representatiof the possible final score you get on the real thing? Any input would be great!!
Uhhh I got VR: 530 QR: 650 and AR: 700 with a Band 3, I did pretty bad too :/

I couldn't really finish the QR or VR due to timing too!

Also I did it today as well!

I'm really scared now, my UKCAT is on the 8th (Thursday) and I still can't get higher than 700...
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Uhhh I got VR: 530 QR: 650 and AR: 700 with a Band 3, I did pretty bad too :/

I couldn't really finish the QR or VR due to timing too!

Also I did it today as well!

I'm really scared now, my UKCAT is on the 8th (Thursday) and I still can't get higher than 700...

How did your UKCAT exam go?? How is it compared to medify? Btw mines in 6 days 😖
Original post by Kantth1
How did your UKCAT exam go?? How is it compared to medify? Btw mines in 6 days 😖

VR 540 QR 770 AR 650 so 653.33 Band 2, kinda sucks... Really wanna go Manchester or Liverpool >.<
Original post by WhoDaresWins
VR 540 QR 770 AR 650 so 653.33 Band 2, kinda sucks... Really wanna go Manchester or Liverpool >.<

Nice... I js did mock 2 medify and got VR:570 QR:630 AR:770 SJT:band 2. average 657
Do you think that QR is much more eqsier in the real thing??
Original post by Kantth1
Nice... I js did mock 2 medify and got VR:570 QR:630 AR:770 SJT:band 2. average 657
Do you think that QR is much more eqsier in the real thing??

Yep, but AR was like wtf, I could barely see any patterns!
Hey y'all,
I used Medify and got much lower scores than my actual UKCAT if that makes you feel any better.
I was constantly getting below 2000 on Medify but on my actual thing I got 2180 so.
The AR in the real thing was a lot easier - Medify is notorious for having bad AR questions apparently.
Original post by 07cdominic
Hey y'all,
I used Medify and got much lower scores than my actual UKCAT if that makes you feel any better.
I was constantly getting below 2000 on Medify but on my actual thing I got 2180 so.
The AR in the real thing was a lot easier - Medify is notorious for having bad AR questions apparently.

Thank god! I was getting so panicky after doing their mock today since I have my real thing this upcoming Friday. I'm still finding QR and VR (particularly the negative statements) a little difficult with timing though, do you by any chance have any tips?I feel like I'm just going to run out of time in the real thing
Original post by michelle88222
Thank god! I was getting so panicky after doing their mock today since I have my real thing this upcoming Friday. I'm still finding QR and VR (particularly the negative statements) a little difficult with timing though, do you by any chance have any tips?I feel like I'm just going to run out of time in the real thing

You probably will run out of time in QR ngl, go through it and flag the hard questions - do all the easy questions and then at the end go back and answer or guess the harder ones. With VR don't read the text it will take too long, just look for keywords in the question and then skim read the passage.
Original post by 07cdominic
Hey y'all,

That's made me feel so much better cause I keep getting below 2000 as well on the mocks. Would you say that QR is easier as well because I get less than half the questions right on medify as I find them really long and run out of time
Original post by kayasparkles
That's made me feel so much better cause I keep getting below 2000 as well on the mocks. Would you say that QR is easier as well because I get less than half the questions right on medify as I find them really long and run out of time

I wouldn't actually say that QR is easy, sorry for the dampener - you just need to work at it you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending