The Student Room Group

If a girl wore dungarees on a first date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by squish562
And dungarees aren't appropriate/professional enough for a date...

That depends on the venue.
Original post by ivybridge
That depends on the venue.

Original post by squish562
And dungarees aren't appropriate/professional enough for a date...

I'm not really sure where we're going, just walking around some were and drinks I think
Oh god. I had no idea that ballroom attire was expected of a first date...

Unless you are going to a five star restaurant, I don't see the point in dressing up in expensive dresses. I would be fine with dungarees because I love the look - but I'm not a guy, take it with a pinch of salt
I would not care
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not really sure where we're going, just walking around some were and drinks I think

Then you wear anything, and look and feel amazing! :smile:
Okay guys I'm actually really glad I posted this thread because before this I was actually planning on wearing my dungarees but now I'm going to have to rethink that.

What would you like to see a girl wearing on a first date?
I don't know what is the appropriate wear for a first date, I've never been on one before. Initially I was planning on wearing shorts and trainers but my sister said absolutely not

wear a long sleeved jumper under the dungaree.
It can be really cute and attractive at the same time.
I think dungarees look like **** on a girl. Wear some jeans and a t-shirt at least, ffs. I'm not trying to get with some shepherd.
Original post by Rakas21
Women should have 3 items to wear on her lower half..

1) Dresses

2) Skirts (not denim, the other type looks better)

3) Tight black leggings/tights

Nothing else is needed really.

Shorts are like jeans, not unattractive but always inferior options to the above.

i so agree with this, im a girl and 99.9999% of the time wear dresses/skirts with leggings or tights
I never realised there'd be such a hotly debated discussion on whether dungarees are 'appropriate' on a first date. Honestly, I would take into consideration what the day will consist of and what he may be wearing (rough idea). You don't want to dress down when your date is looking like they're about to attend a ballroom.
I think it's cute :h: Go for it.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I think it's cute :h: Go for it.

Won't I look like a shepherd/ mechanic/ hillbilly as has been mentioned on here

If he judges you based on what you feel comfortable wearing, is he worth it? :wink:

Honestly I think dungarees are adorable, but that's just me.

If you don't feel comfortable wearing them on a date, which I get the impression you don't, wear something else :h:

Good luck with the date btw!
I'l wear whatever has pockets in, do any of you know of any leggings that have actual pockets like jeans would?
Original post by indigofox
I'l wear whatever has pockets in, do any of you know of any leggings that have actual pockets like jeans would?

Why something with pockets?
Try jeggings

It is entirely subjective. I have said that I (a male) wouldn't care, some would care, some would actually like it. You don't need to be fancy given first date and not going anywhere ****in mental soooooooooooooooo it does not really matter, do what you want. Idk if what a girl wears is a total deal breaker for most people anyway.

If if it's what you plan to wear ain't inappropriate based on what you're doing on said date then it's fine. This has been the greatest load of overthinking and unnecessary debate I have ever seen.

Spoiler

To be fair to OP, pinafore/dungaree dresses are really in at the moment :biggrin:

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/dresses/pinafore-dresses/icat/pinafore-dresses
If we were going out for dinner then hell no but if we were going out to the park for a picnic then yes. I think if I were to wear it for going out then I would wear a short one with tights and a cute jumper or something. It also depends how comfortable you are with that person because if I've known someone for longer, I'm more likely to wear a dungaree because that's just what I'm like :lol: and they'll know that.
Original post by ivybridge
No, I'm sorry - why should anybody aim for what "the majority want"? They should aim for what they want. They are buying the clothes. They are wearing them. It's their choice. And don't say the majority like a TSR thread gives you any kind of indicator what the majority of Britain views as attractive in female fashion.

Who said the OP was goong to a "fancy" event? She clearly stated that a dress and heels are inappropriate. Stop acting like women were born to do what you want, look how you want, and please you. Get ****ed.

She did ask for opinions tho.

Regardless OP, personally I like dungarees they cute af you do you wear what you want
Original post by frankielogue
She did ask for opinions tho.

Regardless OP, personally I like dungarees they cute af you do you wear what you want

I was going to wear them but now I'm not so sure anymore, I think I might save them for another occasion? :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I was going to wear them but now I'm not so sure anymore, I think I might save them for another occasion? :s-smilie::s-smilie:

They look cute, you’ll be fine. If he doesn’t appreciate you in dungarees he ain’t the right one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending