The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Personal Statement HELP!!

I'm applying for Uni 2017, but the courses I'm applying for are Architecture in some universities and Computer Science in others.

They're two completely different courses, so I don't get how to phrase my personal statement. Do I talk about one? Or the other? Or both?

Would that get me into any uni?
You need to choose which one you want to apply for and then focus on that. You could always write separate PSs for both, as that might help you decide which one you want to do
Reply 2
Original post by Marzy-Sama
I'm applying for Uni 2017, but the courses I'm applying for are Architecture in some universities and Computer Science in others.

They're two completely different courses, so I don't get how to phrase my personal statement. Do I talk about one? Or the other? Or both?

ouch they're like polar opposites...I can understand why though, you clearly have a lot of varied interests :smile: If you're interested in one slightly more than the other you could easily take up extra curricular activities at your future university based on the other course, such as a Coding Club or an Architecture Society.

In your personal statement (I agree with the previous post that it is best to choose one course as they differ so much) maybe show your interest in the other?
- Architecture PS could mention how you want to use aspects of compsci/coding in an architectural setting (a new way to design buildings online that'll take into consideration real life factors).
- Compsci PS could discuss how to practically use your degree, such as in the above idea of creating buildings online.

Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by Marzy-Sama

In the nicest possible way, this is very likely going to get you five rejections. If you're in a position where you can't decide between CompSci and Architecture, you've probably not done enough research and you're going to come across as indecisive and uncommitted, neither of which are traits that universities want from students. You need to choose one or the other, unfortunately.
Reply 4
Original post by Its_Tito
ouch they're like polar opposites...I can understand why though, you clearly have a lot of varied interests :smile: If you're interested in one slightly more than the other you could easily take up extra curricular activities at your future university based on the other course, such as a Coding Club or an Architecture Society.

In your personal statement (I agree with the previous post that it is best to choose one course as they differ so much) maybe show your interest in the other?
- Architecture PS could mention how you want to use aspects of compsci/coding in an architectural setting (a new way to design buildings online that'll take into consideration real life factors).
- Compsci PS could discuss how to practically use your degree, such as in the above idea of creating buildings online.

Good Luck! :smile:

Okay thank you for your help xx
I think I've figured it out
Reply 5
Original post by Plagioclase
In the nicest possible way, this is very likely going to get you five rejections. If you're in a position where you can't decide between CompSci and Architecture, you've probably not done enough research and you're going to come across as indecisive and uncommitted, neither of which are traits that universities want from students. You need to choose one or the other, unfortunately.

I admire your honesty, and I'll keep your advice in mind.
Thanks for your help xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending