The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SCIENCE :D
Can someone please explain to me why it seems like every opposition supporter (especially Chelsea and Arsenal) was so desperate for United to lose yesterday?

For any top-4 competing team, it's because it's becoming increasingly likely that City and Cheslea will create a gap at the top, so United having less points keeps them in touch with those below.

For everybody else, it's because Mourinho is a tool.
Original post by Lúcio
For any top-4 competing team, it's because it's becoming increasingly likely that City and Cheslea will create a gap at the top, so United having less points keeps them in touch with those below.

For everybody else, it's because Mourinho is a tool.

+ everybody is jealous of us and wants us to do bad regardless.

The real gap is United, City, Chelsea and then everyone else.

Liverpool's defence is too leaky. Arsenal will find a way of bottling it. Spurs are favourites for 4th.
Original post by Manchester United

Liverpool's defence is too leaky. Arsenal will find a way of bottling it. Spurs are favourites for 4th.

I agree, and I think a lot of it stems from how you spend hundreds of millions on transfers and it doesn't matter to you in the slightest if the players flop.

Liverpool's defence isn't as bad as you think - we haven't had a settled back 5 this season yet, and we still restricted Spurs and Leicester to only one goal.
Milner is getting better with every game and we still have Karius to come in too.
We're one of the most devastating sides going forward in the league, don't count us out just yet.

Arsenal are very underwhelming and they've been pretty lucky with results so far. They have the players but this might just be the season the streak ends.

Spurs are good but in all honesty they were lucky we didn't beat them.

I think Everton are the team you're forgetting. They could be a real surprise this season.
Can someone please explain to me why it seems like every opposition supporter (especially Chelsea and Arsenal) was so desperate for United to lose yesterday?

Because Mourinho is a prick and their fans have decided to emulate him and speak like Liverpool fans while they are at it.

Quoted for future reference.
Original post by James.Carnell
Quoted for future reference.

Please quote me on everything I say, as I am usually right.
Original post by James.Carnell
Because Mourinho is a prick and their fans have decided to emulate him and speak like Liverpool fans while they are at it.

Well if you think our fans are bad, you have a shock coming when city win the league, their fans are much worse trust me.
Reply 2947
Well if you think our fans are bad, you have a shock coming when city win the league, their fans are much worse trust me.

What fans?
Reply 2948
Original post by Lúcio
I agree, and I think a lot of it stems from how you spend hundreds of millions on transfers and it doesn't matter to you in the slightest if the players flop.

Liverpool's defence isn't as bad as you think - we haven't had a settled back 5 this season yet, and we still restricted Spurs and Leicester to only one goal.
Milner is getting better with every game and we still have Karius to come in too.
We're one of the most devastating sides going forward in the league, don't count us out just yet.

Arsenal are very underwhelming and they've been pretty lucky with results so far. They have the players but this might just be the season the streak ends.

I think Everton are the team you're forgetting. They could be a real surprise this season.

Liverpool's defence are shocking personally. They conceded 3 goals to an Arsenal side that had half their first choice players out.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
What fans?

The ones which supported Chelsea 2 years ago.
Original post by Lúcio

What makes you think we don't care if our signings flop?
Liverpool's defence are shocking personally. They conceded 3 goals to an Arsenal side that had half their first choice players out.

It wasn't Liverpools first choice back 4 though was it? Milner would of started over Moreno, Matip over Klavan and maybe Karius over Mignolet.
Reply 2953
Original post by samir12
It wasn't Liverpools first choice back 4 though was it? Milner would of started over Moreno, Matip over Klavan and maybe Karius over Mignolet.

Yeah but Arsenal's entire spine and key players were out. Koscielny, Ozil, Giroud being out as well as injuries to Mertesacker and Gabriel meant they used their 3rd and 4th choice CBs.
Yeah but Arsenal's entire spine and key players were out. Koscielny, Ozil, Giroud being out as well as injuries to Mertesacker and Gabriel meant they used their 3rd and 4th choice CBs.

Ifs and buts mate.

We were poor to let Arsenal back in to it but at 4-1 we relaxed and became complacent. I wouldn't use it as a legitimate example of having a terrible defence simply because of the circumstances.

In any case, I don't think Chelsea can talk too much about defences right now :wink:
I still think you'll beat us but Terry potentially being out could be a big problem for you.
Original post by Lúcio
Ifs and buts mate.

We were poor to let Arsenal back in to it but at 4-1 we relaxed and became complacent. I wouldn't use it as a legitimate example of having a terrible defence simply because of the circumstances.

In any case, I don't think Chelsea can talk too much about defences right now :wink:
I still think you'll beat us but Terry potentially being out could be a big problem for you.

Every year you huff and puff and every year Liverpool provide the same lolz. At least Arsenal fans have some grasp on reality.
Paying £200k to Basti every week for doing nothing? Doesn't matter to us, we're ****ing rich bro

Herrera is bang average, a complete panic buy. He simply doesn't have the ability to be a regular. Although I think he's the type of player that would be happy to sit on the bench, so he's definitely worth keeping... plus it keeps Dave happy.

lol what a casual
@ManchesterUnited is 100% the type of guy to wear adidas tracksuits, pants folded into his white socks and holding a plastic bag with his can of stellar.

Latest