The Student Room Group

Is mechanics too hard

Hi everyone
so my sixthform is making my class do mechanic for an applied module for further maths and i was wondering if it's too hard and how much work do i have to put in because i am not the best at maths but i love maths and i want to get at least a B
Thank you
Original post by Laura887
Hi everyone
so my sixthform is making my class do mechanic for an applied module for further maths and i was wondering if it's too hard and how much work do i have to put in because i am not the best at maths but i love maths and i want to get at least a B
Thank you

Mechanics is fine. Just like all the other applied modules they are easier than Core. You should be ok with whatever applied module your sixthform make you do.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Mechanics is fine. Just like all the other applied modules they are easier than Core. You should be ok with whatever applied module your sixthform make you do.

did you study it if yes what did you get
Reply 3
Hi everyone
Thank you

With mechanics, I found that you think it's going pretty bad until you get to the end and realise there's only a handful of questions they can ask you in the exam.
did you study it if yes what did you get

100 ums why?
Reply 5
I found mechanics very hard at first but I ended up getting 94% which was the best result out of all of my exams, spend time understanding the concepts of why things work, after that the maths is pretty easy all you need to know really is basic trigonometry and the suvat equations
Imo very frustrating at the start but if you keep at it then you'll soon see that its just applying the same techniques a lot of the time. Just don't give up when it gets hard. I probably done more work for mechanics than all my other modules.
I found it the most difficult but also the most enjoyable.:colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by zetamcfc
100 ums why?

what was your revision technique
Reply 8
Original post by Pentaquark
Imo very frustrating at the start but if you keep at it then you'll soon see that its just applying the same techniques a lot of the time. Just don't give up when it gets hard. I probably done more work for mechanics than all my other modules.
I found it the most difficult but also the most enjoyable.:colondollar:

oh ok thanks im a bit more reassured
what was your revision technique

Past papers. Including doing papers from different exam boards.
I found Mechanics far more enjoyable than Statistics. Persist and it won't be difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest