The Student Room Group

18 and 32 weeks pregnant. AMA..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elastichedgehog
My family comes from a working class background. My mother was 21 when I was born, my father 19. On top of that my mother and father got divorced when I was about 7. My mother also suffers from clinical depression.

Both my parents remarried, with my father giving remarkably little to me, although my relationship with him is fine. I was given everything I wanted throughout my childhood and was never disadvantaged because my parents worked hard to make it so. I'm going to Sheffield to study BSc Psychology in a week.

This kind of thinking is backward and only exists because the media and common consensus tells you should think like this. The mother will be fine. Stop trying to scare her :h: The child will grow up just fine as long as it has parents who care about them.

Made me smile, thank you.
Good luck with university!
Original post by elastichedgehog
stupid comment. Not everyone has the same plans for their life as you do. Even if this was an accident it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure the baby will have a loving family and grow up just fine, especially since she's expressed she has a good support system.

oh pa lease
Original post by anotheruserontsr
what are you naming the child? Congrats btw.

Boy: Jonah
Girl: Isabella
Original post by ChrisD0
That's very commendable, many would have taken the easy way out. I wish you the way of luck. And please don't smoke or drink during the pregnancy (in general as well!).

Thank you, and oh I wouldn't dare
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
If this is genuine, don't do this to yourself. There's going to be ***** on here....

Don't do what to myself?
Original post by stereoashhh
You got pregnant from precum?

I doubt it, he didn't pull out every single time
Original post by Vividly clear
oh pa lease

Hm?
lmfao all these people assuming a child will grow up destitute and their mother hopeless because of the age of the parents... my (then working class and unemployed) mum had me at nineteen, I grew up with no father, and now we're very well off and my mum certainly didn't waste her life. good luck to OP.
Hm?

Don't try and fill her head with more nonsense.

She already made a bad mistake by having unsafe sex and getting pregnant without being married or financially or economically prepared, so don't make it seem like what she did wasn't a really bad choice.

She already made a bad mistake by having unsafe sex and getting pregnant without being married or financially or economically prepared, so don't make it seem like what she did wasn't a really bad choice.

I know it was a bad choice, I wouldn't urge anyone my age to fall pregnant but I am trying to make good of a bad situation, although I don't think that it's necessary that you should be married before having a child

I've expressed that I don't disagree that this was a bad decision. Instead I'm trying to provide supportive comments so instead of being terrified she can go into this knowing that she's supported and give the child her best.

On the whole I'd advise against getting pregnant this young. But what's done is done. Why scare her now, she obviously decided against getting an abortion, and she's expressed she has a strong support system. This baby is happening.

You think this is a bad situation, how is judging her and scaring her going to help make that situation better?
How did your boyfriend react and what is your ethnicity?

I hope things work out whatever happens
I've expressed that I don't disagree that this was a bad decision. Instead I'm trying to provide supportive comments so instead of being terrified she can go into this knowing that she's supported and give the child her best.

On the whole I'd advise against getting pregnant this young. But what's done is done. Why scare her now, she obviously decided against getting an abortion, and she's expressed she has a strong support system. This baby is happening.

You think this is a bad situation, how is judging her and scaring her going to help make that situation better?

Well the OP and I both agree that it is a bad idea, and i really liked her reply because she wasn't too fused about my comment and replied with a lot of maturity maybe she is fit to be a mother at this age, so I'm not too sure where you're getting this idea that I'm scaring her because she doesn't seem too scared about what I say.

I wish her and her partner and most importantly the baby the best
Well I do.

And abortion and teen pregnancies which usually leads to teen suicide statistics shows I'm right.

In all honesty I wish you the best.

In all honesty, I could care less about what the statistics say. I'm just focusing on being the best parent I can be, but thank you
Well the OP and I both agree that it is a bad idea, and i really liked her reply because she wasn't too fused about my comment and replied with a lot of maturity maybe she is fit to be a mother at this age, so I'm not too sure where you're getting this idea that I'm scaring her because she doesn't seem too scared about what I say.

I wish her and her partner and most importantly the baby the best

That's nice.

My reply was more intended to give justification to my comments, of which you called me out on for being too positive/unrealistic. I understand what you're saying, and why you're saying it. At the end of the day she did make an AMA thread about so I assume she expected replies like this.
Original post by Blackstarr
How did your boyfriend react and what is your ethnicity?

I hope things work out whatever happens

He was surprised but told me that he'll support me whatever I choose to do.
I'm mixed. My mum is White British and my Dad is black, Guyanese
Congratulations!
Reply 57
Original post by Anonymous
Was lazy and naive with contraception. Used it sometimes, didn't use it a lot of times and didn't get pregnant at first so we thought that him pulling out was working.

I am shocked to see that two adults thought "pulling out works".
Is this your first child?
Was it planned? It's funny how some people don't even try and get pregnant, while others try try and try. Well, all the best for the future. Wish I was pregnant too.

Quick Reply

Latest