The Student Room Group

Which university course is right for me?

I just started A2 and it's getting dangerously close to me applying to University, so I really need to know what course will be right for me. I have a love for animals and my dream job would be rescuing animals on a day-to-day basis, yet I know this type of job may not be the best well paid. Zoology seems fascinating, and I do currently take Biology as an A Level, but not Chemistry. However I am aware that Zoology could be a lot more lab-based and testing on animals which isn't really what I'm into. My other option is social science, like Sociology/Policy/Criminology. I believe I'd enjoy them at university but I didn't take any of them, or any subject similar to them, at college. Would this put me at an immediate disadvantage? I need a course that appeals to me but will also open as many career opportunities as possible afterwards!
Reply 1
Original post by Tom208
I just started A2 and it's getting dangerously close to me applying to University, so I really need to know what course will be right for me. I have a love for animals and my dream job would be rescuing animals on a day-to-day basis, yet I know this type of job may not be the best well paid. Zoology seems fascinating, and I do currently take Biology as an A Level, but not Chemistry. However I am aware that Zoology could be a lot more lab-based and testing on animals which isn't really what I'm into. My other option is social science, like Sociology/Policy/Criminology. I believe I'd enjoy them at university but I didn't take any of them, or any subject similar to them, at college. Would this put me at an immediate disadvantage? I need a course that appeals to me but will also open as many career opportunities as possible afterwards!

Hi, i was in the same position as you early this year but i've recently found a course that might be suited. I'ts called 'animal welfare and society' at Winchester and it is basically a mixture of ethics and social sciences relating to relationships and attitudes to animals!

Hope this is helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending