The Student Room Group

Opinions on Economics at A-Level?

This September, I'm going to begin my A-Level studies and was wondering whether I should go through with my choice of taking Economics at A-Level.

I couldn't take the subject at GCSE but I did take Business Studies.

Do you like the content? Is it easy or hard to understand and how so? Any pros and cons?

Also, what could I do in the future with an Economics A-Level?

Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I do the WJEC board and have my last ever A2 exam tomorrow for it :frown:
Great subject if you enjoy it and learn via understanding, doesn't require nearly as much 'memorising' as other subjects as long as you understand the content.
I didn't do any related subjects at gcse.
Lots of online content for it which is super helpful.
Economics is extremely versatile and a well regarded A level, so you can do plenty with it(computer science for me).

Anymore questions let me know.
I'm about to do my last exam tomorrow (Economics A2) and I absolutely hate it. Some enjoy it but honestly its personal preference. Look at some big economic concepts like unemployment, economic growth, inflation, government policies, globalisation and etc, see if it interests you, if not stay away for the love of god because its the subject I hate the most out of my other 2
Hi :smile: I've done AS but not sure if I'm carrying on at A2

Anyway, I found it interesting and liked the content, although I definitely preferred Microeconomics (how individual theories work etc) to Macroeconomics (everything together in an economy) To be honest, it does take a while to figure out everything and I found that I struggled quite a bit, especially in Macro, but if you're willing to put in the effort, you should have no problem :smile:
Original post by jandelrosario
This September, I'm going to begin my A-Level studies and was wondering whether I should go through with my choice of taking Economics at A-Level.

I couldn't take the subject at GCSE but I did take Business Studies.

Do you like the content? Is it easy or hard to understand and how so? Any pros and cons?

Also, what could I do in the future with an Economics A-Level?

Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Do you know if you will be on the OCR exam board or are you on another one?
Original post by Aydin7
I do the WJEC board and have my last ever A2 exam tomorrow for it :frown:
Great subject if you enjoy it and learn via understanding, doesn't require nearly as much 'memorising' as other subjects as long as you understand the content.
I didn't do any related subjects at gcse.
Lots of online content for it which is super helpful.
Economics is extremely versatile and a well regarded A level, so you can do plenty with it(computer science for me).

Anymore questions let me know.

Hi, can you let me know what revision guide/resources you used for wjec economics please :smile:
Original post by JoeMill500
Hi, can you let me know what revision guide/resources you used for wjec economics please :smile:

There aren't any specific revision resources for wjec, but the content is very similar to the other boards. I mostly used my teachers notes, websites like economicsonline, tutor2u etc and youtube videos by econplusdal.
Good luck! Let me know if you need any help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending