The Student Room Group

18 and 32 weeks pregnant. AMA..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Was it planned? It's funny how some people don't even try and get pregnant, while others try try and try. Well, all the best for the future. Wish I was pregnant too.

Edit:For how long have you been using that 'pulling out' method?
God, the judgemental and narrow-minded people on this thread! She's not wasted her life, she's having a baby which is one of THE greatest joys in life. And, as she's young, it's more likely to be healthy.:h: She says she's got a good support system so I'm sure the baby will grow up just fine.

All you baby-shamers make me annoyed:rant:
How long have you and the baby father been together? Was the pregnancy by accident?

Goodluck OP.
Don't really know what to say apart from I can't believe you're my age and pregnant.

But congrats and good luck! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful baby :h:
That's nice..
image.jpeg
Original post by Josb
I am shocked to see that two adults thought "pulling out works".

Well, I did say that it was naive of us but when done correctly, pulling out can be over 90% effective
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
Is this your first child?

Yes
Original post by loveleest
How long have you and the baby father been together? Was the pregnancy by accident?

Goodluck OP.

Will be 3 years next month
Edit:For how long have you been using that 'pulling out' method?

From when we first started having sex, so about 2 and a half years
Well, I did say that it was naive of us but when done correctly, pulling out can be over 90% effective

no it doesn't
the only reason why you didn't get pregnant other times is because you happened not to be ovulating at those particular moments
Was it planned? It's funny how some people don't even try and get pregnant, while others try try and try. Well, all the best for the future. Wish I was pregnant too.

No, wasn't planned. That is part of the reason why I chose to keep my baby. I know how hard some people find it and although I was petrified at first (still am sometimes) I know that I'm blessed.
Good luck with trying, it will happen for you one day
Original post by Rhaenys10
no it doesn't
the only reason why you didn't get pregnant other times is because you happened not to be ovulating at those particular moments

Are you a doctor or midwife? Because my midwife specifically told me that.
Original post by Vividly clear
Don't try and fill her head with more nonsense.

She already made a bad mistake by having unsafe sex and getting pregnant without being married or financially or economically prepared, so don't make it seem like what she did wasn't a really bad choice.

In some ways, she's lucky, by the time the child is old enough to support themselves, the mother will still be young enough to enjoy life.
I know that's a lot of if's though..
Any names that you have thought of?
Reply 75
Did you consider putting it up for adoption?
Reply 76
Original post by retro_turtles
Any names that you have thought of?

She said previously that she'll name it Jonah if it's a boy and Isabella if it's a girl.
Why didn't you have an abortion?!

How did you not have a basic grasp of contraception at the age of 18. Didn't you ever think oh **** maybe I should actually use a condom. I'm a decade older than you and it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if I got pregnant but I'm still ultra safe - it's called taking some responsibility and control of your life! *
Original post by lonyeka
Did you consider putting it up for adoption?

Nope, although I think it's a good choice
Nope, although I think it's a good choice

What race is the father? Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest