The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
**** off Mane... was gonna bring him in next week as a differential
Original post by fallen_acorns
13pts from 8 players..*

Solid wildcarded team right there

(pretty much out of this years game already..)*

Don't give up yet. What's your team? Just stick with it and it always ends well. Perhaps just play it safe for now (which is always my strategy).
Original post by little_wizard123
Well if you're starting him you have issues with your team. I won't be getting him off my bench.

Sometimes having an issue with your team is a blessing. I stupidly transferred Wanyama in the other week after he scored without knowing he's unlikely to score again. As such I benched him this week and stared Capoue.

I am tempted to take Wanyama out for Antonio this week but that would stop me getting Aguero back. That said I may well wildcard next week to get rid of dead wood like Stones and Gray.
Got like 37 points with Lukaku and Hazard (C) to play so could be a decent work in the end?

Told someone else to bring in Firmino FML..
Original post by Zerforax
Got like 37 points with Lukaku and Hazard (C) to play so could be a decent work in the end?

Told someone else to bring in Firmino FML..

Yep, that looks like a decent week for you.

Hoping Hazard fails so I stay top of the league. Or Terry sneaking a goal after his open goal miss last week 😡
Yep, that looks like a decent week for you.

Hoping Hazard fails so I stay top of the league. Or Terry sneaking a goal after his open goal miss last week 😡

61pts with Azpi still to play.

I've been quite lucky; I lot of inconsistencies. Loads of players on 1 point but others like Walker/Firmino/Snodgrass compensated.

Fully expect Hazard to destroy Swabsea though, and since he's most people's captain, it could change the standings a lot.
Original post by Lúcio
61pts with Azpi still to play.

I've been quite lucky; I lot of inconsistencies. Loads of players on 1 point but others like Walker/Firmino/Snodgrass compensated.

Fully expect Hazard to destroy Swabsea though, and since he's most people's captain, it could change the standings a lot.

You've done well. I'm on 48 with Baines, Hazard and Terry so I could catch your score. I probably don't want to though as it would require Hazard to do really well! Or Baines and Terry to actually put away easy chances.

He's captain in about 10% of teams so it's not the end of the world if he does well (and I own him so it won't turn out too badly either way). Hoping for a Hazard injury for Capoue to come in...
Swansea tend to have a decent home record so here's hoping.
Costa :woohoo:
Original post by mr tim
Costa :woohoo:

Got him but hazard (c) hopefully they can both do something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Costa again :woohoo:
Well this week has been a complete disaster. Don't even want to log in and see how badly i've done.
Original post by sr90
Well this week has been a complete disaster. Don't even want to log in and see how badly i've done.

Same..unless captain Hazard scores I'm ****ing done with this gw
My gameweek rank must be close to 3 million ffs, 21 points with Bolasie and Kone left, literally 70 points of the leader in friends mini league :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 point from Hazard and Terry yet I feel okay. Costa doesn't get any bonus points and always gets booked, but he is quite tempting...
1 point from Hazard and Terry yet I feel okay. Costa doesn't get any bonus points and always gets booked, but he is quite tempting...

I finish on 62pts in the end which looks to be a good score.

Personally I think Fer is a guy to look out for - he was awesome today and will be a key player for Swansea this season.
I played my WC in week two for a laugh and ****ed it up. Just pulled a blinder, basically took my transfers and a 12 point hit and pretty much did a second wildcard. 50 points with Barkley and Baines to play. Seems I wiped off that wasted WC with a lucky pick (KdB, Cazorla and Ibra (C) raking in 32 points).

Cazorla is death to Ozil and Sanchez atm. I'm loving it. And KdB is the man to have, free kicks, corners, and he's just a monster at crosses. Sod Sanchez, would rather see the points come rolling in week in, week out, now he's up and running.

Absolutely no idea how to get Aguero back in though. Could do with another WC
(edited 7 years ago)

Not for me. Never gets BPs or assists, always gets booked and has Liverpool and Arsenal as his next two.

Besides, Aguero & Ibra are essential so where does he fit in?
Pretty average week but I think I'll climb in my friends mini league, but expect to drop considerably in this league. 36 with Lukaku and Holgate(?) to play.

My defence had so far had a net contribution of -1. Thank god for Costa and Snodgrass.
If Terry isn't injured, I'm doing Gray to Nacho and then wildcarding on Friday.*