The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm also applying to nutrition and dietetics! However, I have attended some "taster days" and have some work experience at a hospital but am unable to shadow a dietitian I live in Leicester and contacted all hospitals in Leicestershire and none offer shadowing opportunities. I know that some hospitals in East Anglia do, but just for residents... I am so desperate! Anyway, I am going to apply:- Surrey- Notts- Chester- London Met- CoventryThese are my only options anyway as I am not doing Chemistry ... I'll be visiting Chester too! How did you guys arrange shadowing opportunities?
Reply 61
Original post by kaylee_khalifa
Hey! I'm also applying to nutrition and dietetics! However, I have attended some "taster days" and have some work experience at a hospital but am unable to shadow a dietitian I live in Leicester and contacted all hospitals in Leicestershire and none offer shadowing opportunities. I know that some hospitals in East Anglia do, but just for residents... I am so desperate! Anyway, I am going to apply:- Surrey- Notts- Chester- London Met- CoventryThese are my only options anyway as I am not doing Chemistry ... I'll be visiting Chester too! How did you guys arrange shadowing opportunities?

I just contacted local hospitals! :smile:

That's enough work experience for uni, trust me; I'm going to uni in Surrey in 2 weeks and I only did a taster day and no shadowing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I think that's fine yknow unis have acknowledged that its pretty hard to get work experience in certain areas so they've said taster days are fine.
Does anyone else have king's as their first choice. Not many I've spoken to say it's they're first choice and I don't know why - I loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Econway10
Does anyone else have king's as their first choice. Not many I've spoken to say it's they're first choice and I don't know why - I loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get to visit it but one of the dieticians I shadowed completed her degree there last year and she loved it. I've got in my top 2 choices as I'd love to live in London but what was the uni like as I didn't get to visit the open day?
The university was excellent in my opinion. Guy's campus was so beautiful and everything was just well put together. And I think that it's right in the centre of London is fantastic. All the students and academics I spoke to were lovely!
Original post by Rose.n
I just contacted local hospitals! :smile:

Thank you! I guess they just don't do it in certain locations... :/ Oh well, I shall keep annoying them :')
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
That's enough work experience for uni, trust me; I'm going to uni in Surrey in 2 weeks and I only did a taster day and no shadowing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! Oh I feel much better now then! Surrey will be my first option so that's a relief! Thank you and good luck at uni! :biggrin:
Original post by BrownEyedHijabi
Hi, I think that's fine yknow unis have acknowledged that its pretty hard to get work experience in certain areas so they've said taster days are fine.

Oh thank you for taking the time to reply! Always reassuring to know! I guess I just know how competitive the course is and so am so afraid! Anyway thank you!
Reply 70
Thank you! I guess they just don't do it in certain locations... :/ Oh well, I shall keep annoying them :':wink:

I contacted a few of unis asking if the hospitals they're linked to did work experience for dietetics and the only one that did was Cardiff Met but you had to live in wales to be able to attend.
Original post by Econway10
The university was excellent in my opinion. Guy's campus was so beautiful and everything was just well put together. And I think that it's right in the centre of London is fantastic. All the students and academics I spoke to were lovely!

Yeah, I spent a week on a summer school for a different uni in central London and it was amazing!
Reply 72
Has anyone applied yet? If not, when are you going to apply? :smile:
Original post by Rose.n
Has anyone applied yet? If not, when are you going to apply? :smile:

OMG, I've not even finished my personal statement! I was thinking end of October or something lol
Reply 74
OMG, I've not even finished my personal statement! I was thinking end of October or something lol

Me either don't worry! Yeah I was thinking mid-end of october!
Original post by Rose.n
Me either don't worry! Yeah I was thinking mid-end of october!

Lol that's fine then. Btw I know this is early but me and my friend were just wondering how offers work. Like if your predicted grades were AAB and the course wanted ABB and you were successful what would the uni ask for?
Reply 76
Lol that's fine then. Btw I know this is early but me and my friend were just wondering how offers work. Like if your predicted grades were AAB and the course wanted ABB and you were successful what would the uni ask for?

From what I've understood at open days, if your predicted grades are for example AAB but they're asking for ABB then due to the limited number of places on Dietetics, it's likely they will give you a conditional offer of AAB. I know chester said that although their entry requirements say BBB they tend to make offers of ABB/AAB.
Original post by Rose.n
From what I've understood at open days, if your predicted grades are for example AAB but they're asking for ABB then due to the limited number of places on Dietetics, it's likely they will give you a conditional offer of AAB. I know chester said that although their entry requirements say BBB they tend to make offers of ABB/AAB.

Alright, thanks so much for explaining I need to find out my predicted grades soon my college hasn't even told us yet x Are you going to chester's open day on the 8th btw?
Reply 78
Alright, thanks so much for explaining I need to find out my predicted grades soon my college hasn't even told us yet x Are you going to chester's open day on the 8th btw?

Thats okay :smile: I'm going to the one on the 15th, I'm visiting Hertfordshire on the 8th :smile:
Original post by Rose.n
Thats okay :smile: I'm going to the one on the 15th, I'm visiting Hertfordshire on the 8th :smile:

Herfordshire's quite far so I'm not going to be able to go, Chester is the closest to home so I really hope I like it x

Latest