The Student Room Group

really confused - need help

so my student finance application has been successful but im yet to send the form with bank details on as im waiting for an application to go through. when is the actual deadline for sending these details to finance?

also it says on the website my finance loan has been blocked due to not handing in ni number, where do i send this?
Original post by liverpool2044
so my student finance application has been successful but im yet to send the form with bank details on as im waiting for an application to go through. when is the actual deadline for sending these details to finance?

also it says on the website my finance loan has been blocked due to not handing in ni number, where do i send this?

You need to give them a call and give them your NI number really and then make sure your bank details are added at least a week before your payment is due.

Original post by claireestelle
You need to give them a call and give them your NI number really and then make sure your bank details are added at least a week before your payment is due.

You can update your bank details over the phone so no form is needed

You can't give them your national insurance number over the phone - I can't remember what the exact procedure is for getting it put on your account - I'll check and update this post tomorrow *
Original post by murpo
You can update your bank details over the phone so no form is needed

You can't give them your national insurance number over the phone - I can't remember what the exact procedure is for getting it put on your account - I'll check and update this post tomorrow *

ok thank you, is there a particular deadline for this?
Reply 4

You have up to nine months after the start of your course, to send your NI number and complete your application. The bad news is that you won't get any Student Finance until they have your NI number. So there's no immediately looming deadline as such, but if you want your Maintenance Loan and your tuition fees paid, you need to get a wiggle on.

The bank details need to be in the system a week or two before your first installment date (which will be in your SF documents). Without those, your Maintenance Loan will be put on hold.
Original post by Klix88
You have up to nine months after the start of your course, to send your NI number and complete your application. The bad news is that you won't get any Student Finance until they have your NI number. So there's no immediately looming deadline as such, but if you want your Maintenance Loan and your tuition fees paid, you need to get a wiggle on.

The bank details need to be in the system a week or two before your first installment date (which will be in your SF documents). Without those, your Maintenance Loan will be put on hold.

Yeh exactly what Klix said, really good advice from herself.

Now regarding the National insurance stuff I was going to update you about, I couldn't do it today due to my schedule and won't be able to until the weekend now so I suggest you phone up and am advisor will give you this information :-)

Cheers *
Reply 6
I'm having a similar problem, my application for finance has been successful and they've sent me the letters to say how much i'll get etc., but i don't recall ever giving them my bank details?? i gave them my parents stuff, so they could work it out, but i'm pretty sure i didn't give them mine. i start in october, so do i have to register first, and then give them my details or...? i don't know, i'm really confused
Reply 7
Original post by Yarunika
I'm having a similar problem, my application for finance has been successful and they've sent me the letters to say how much i'll get etc., but i don't recall ever giving them my bank details?? i gave them my parents stuff, so they could work it out, but i'm pretty sure i didn't give them mine. i start in october, so do i have to register first, and then give them my details or...? i don't know, i'm really confused

You need to log back into your Student Finance application. There is a section in that where you were asked for your bank account details. If that is blank where you skipped it at the time, or the details are no longer current, you can add/update them. If you run into problems, call SF and they can help sort it out.

You do not need to delay. In fact you should do that as soon as possible.*
Reply 8
Original post by Klix88
You need to log back into your Student Finance application. There is a section in that where you were asked for your bank account details. If that is blank where you skipped it at the time, or the details are no longer current, you can add/update them. If you run into problems, call SF and they can help sort it out.

You do not need to delay. In fact you should do that as soon as possible.*

I logged back in and updated them! Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending