The Student Room Group

What are some of the unwritten rules of TSR?

???

Scroll to see replies

-Do not boast about academic achievements chances are someone got better than you anyway
-Do not question Islam, period, the mods will come down on you like :bricks:
Don't post weird stuff until after midnight.
Happy 9/11

Spoiler

Reply 4
You're not allowed to say anything bad about cats. Ever.
Once you get 2 gems you are trapped for eternity :hide: hence get your uni advice/a-level tips and then run away :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't know if it's still a thing but isn't Black Friday the typical day that trolls muster up the courage to discuss black women's appearances?
Original post by retro_turtles
???

never admit you've got less than an A at GCSE / A Level or you'll get roasted

never ask the question are btecs the same/better than a levels on tsr

pretend your're a prodigy / teenage genius at the subjects your taking, or else.

if you post silly and multiple questions which are anonymous, on the same tsr chat section, assume it is the same OP because they are anonymous, and want to be silly for a while

Never reply to someone with one of these:

- Get a life
- Don't you have something better to do?

Because you're both on TSR lol
Reply 9
Don't use it as a means of procrastination.
Original post by bizzy_penguin

never admit you've got less than an A at GCSE / A Level or you'll get roasted

I only got 1 A at Gcse!
Let the games begin. :colone:
Make an AMA
Original post by UWS
Don't use it as a means of procrastination.

No one follows that rule
Original post by spanker
I only got 1 A at Gcse!

Pff Idiot. I got 23 A* And just got accepted into Oxford at 16 but quit because it was too easy.
I'm hungry
Trying not to sound cringey but actually just talk to people. Everyone is (mostly) really sweet and nice if you get to know them. :colondollar:
Original post by Hooch Is Crazy
Make an AMA

But AMAs are funnn :biggrin:

If you ever want to comment on something someone said because it was stupid (e.g. they spelt their favourite subject wrong, multiple times), make sure it can't be mistaken for a rude comment. Or you'll get reported.
Original post by spanker
I only got 1 A at Gcse!

lucky you, dude, I got none. :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Be as unhelpful as possible, unless you want to get roasted.
Don't even mention the word "BTEC," 8.5/10 times it's not worth the potential **** show.
Say you're doing STEM subjects, even if you're not.
Say you go to Oxbridge, even if you don't.
Most importantly: run, just run, leave before it's too late. Go to 4chan, it's safer there!!!

(Also, most posts are grossly hyperbolic :colone:)
1. Never troll
2. Never get involved in religious debates, or you will be tempted to go and jump off a bridge
3. Never stay on TSR for more than 5 minutes (to do what you originally intended to do)l or you will be chained to it for the next 3 hours. (And you think I'm joking...O.o)
4. Never look at the little alarm thing at the top of the page - more specifically, for the notifications orange-ball things - or they will become the focus of your life
5. Better still, don't ever be tempted in here in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest