The Student Room Group

OCR AS Physics A - Best Revision guide or Text book???

Hey guys,

Can you recommend any books/revision for OCR AS Physics A for the 2015 spec. I am aiming for a high A this year and would be needing a good revision guide or text book to help me learn syllabus back to back.

Btw I used cgp books for gcse and got straight a stars across all my exams for the three science so should I invest in a AS cgp book this year or would i better of buying another book instead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheAdviser
Hey guys,

Can you recommend any books/revision for OCR AS Physics A for the 2015 spec. I am aiming for a high A this year and would be needing a good revision guide or text book to help me learn syllabus back to back.

Btw I used cgp books for gcse and got straight a stars across all my exams for the three science so should I invest in a AS cgp book this year or would i better of buying anotherbook in instead.

I used the CGP revision guide and the Oxford textbook this year, both were pretty good
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
I used the CGP revision guide and the Oxford textbook this year, both were pretty good

Im sorry but can i ask you what you got? Thanks for your answer
Im sorry but can i ask you what you got? Thanks for your answer

A middle A, 108/140. If I'm being honest its mainly because the new spec was very easy
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
A middle A, 108/140. If I'm being honest its mainly because the new spec was very easy

Wow well done. I thought they would make the new spec a lot more challenging tbh. Btw is the oxford text book a general one for all exam board or is it one just for the exam board.

Is this it this by any chance?
Pictureocf.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow well done. I thought they would make the new spec a lot more challenging tbh. Btw is the oxford text book a general one for all exam board or is it one just for the exam board.

Is it this by any chance?
Pictureocf.png

Its this one https://www.educationumbrella.com/a-level-physics-a-for-ocr-student-book/9780198352181?gclid=CMKnweT4h88CFaMy0wod3ekL8g

Yeh I thought the new spec was going to be more difficult but when it came down to the tests most of it was just memory. I only did a couple of past papers, the rest of my revision was making/reading notes from the revision guide

EDIT: That textbook is for the whole 2 year course, not just AS

Quick Reply

Latest